.177 VRS .22 HW 30

thanks guys

Im planning on doing mostly rabbit hunting. and some small gam hunting. most of my shots will be under 15 yards..

I used to do hunting with a hand pcp that was putting out 7 foot pounds with jsb 18 grain... and I took all the rabbits I could want.

almost all my shots were under 15 yards.

the 22s usally got a foot pound and a half over the 177s in the hw 30......I know the 177s penatrate more per fp but 22 has more energy!

the one ive been using is a stainless with black wood stock.. and it never has to be cleaned on the out side... nothing can make it rust.

and yes ive herd before before the 22 is smoother to shoot.

btw ive never herd of a 20 cal hw 30 before.... what speeds are you getting and what pellets

I have some old notes that say the speed is around 520 fps with h/n FTT 11,42gr

the question I have is why get a HW30 when a HW50 would be a better choice for killing rabbits?

Funny thing is ,I have a HW 50 in.177and wish I got it in a .22...I got tired of pigeons flying off after I shot them with my R7,so I got a R9 in .20 and that was the end of them flying off....the HW50 would have been almost as good....I have used Vortex kits,they are good,but most of the time I like JM kits better,either one is better than the stock spring....I always go for overkill rather than undersell... just my 2c for what is worth,I do hope 2c,LOL

I find in 177 using hollow points on small game at under 30 yards... when I send them at 920 fps it takes all the small game I ever need.... lots of expansion.

I like the hw 30 cuz I target shoot and a little hunting or that's my plan with it mostly. and don't need a hw 50 to do that …...and the hw 30 is better for me and the kids....

not every one wants a hw5o os is big enough to carry cock or handel… that's my 2 cents worth lol