177...talk me out of it

".177… talk me out of it"

Okay. Only sissies use .177 for anything but competition… and then only certain competitions.

Did that work?

"Nope. Not even close."

Then you either didn't really want to be talked out of .177, or... 😉

Really didn't want to is an understatement. Couldn't be is more like it.

"Really didn't want to is an understatement. Couldn't be is more like it."

Think you hit the nail on the head, Bandg. We both knew that; but since most other responders seemed determined to talk the OPinto .177, thought I'd make an unrecognized (by most) point playing Devil's Advocate by honoring the OP's topic request. 

Now there's another post in a different topic where I believe the poster actually wants to be talked out of his big announcement. I won't.

WTF? Think this place is getting even weirder than usual. Blame it on the corona fever, I guess. Apparently not everyone can fight the fever by shooting to their heart's content at home, like I can. Truth is, I'd probably also be getting weirder than usual if I couldn't get my shooting fix for an extended period!

Happy Shooting Y'all. This shut-in won't last forever.

Only own 2 and the 2nd one only because the girlfriends cousin said his favorite gun shop takes trades toward new guns. When we wandered in, owner asked how he could help, said yep, ever take air rifles in trade. He walked behind the counter and from the far end came back with one. Told me he took it in trade for a Ruger 10/22. When I asked, he said I just want it gone, $75 and I'll toss in a softside gun case if you take this thing. I said deal and walked out 10 minutes later with a 06 02 date code .177 D34. The other is a Webley Tomahawk from the AOA closeout.

Does he need one?? Probably not but I just don't have it in me to tell anyone not to buy another rifle...lol. The HW suggestion was just because I've read way more than enough to know owners sing their praises and if you were only gonna buy one, pick THAT one. That said, I want an R7/HW30 myself, I just want mine in .20 :)