.177 Slug for Splinter Cell Squirrel

.177 Crown MK2 320mm barrel with Veyron 4-16 FFP IR in partial Saber Tactical chassis using 170cc tube shooting 13.4g KnockOut slugs @ 775 fps:

12122111192.1639858613.jpg

I was on patrol at the nursery when I noticed a lone squirrel in the road ahead(probably laying a landmine or boobytrap of some kind). Reliable intelligence(hungry nursery workers) had me on the lookout(on a particular woodline) for Squirrel Splinter Cells seeking to infiltrate our ranks and undermine our way of life, so I was on high alert. Word must have spread of my previous engagements because this one bee-lined it into the woods before I got within 50 yards. With it being windy, I knew I was gonna have to "up my game" with better BC ammo. I twisted the power wheel up a couple of notches and switched out the mag(from the 8.44g pellets I was previously using) and I was ready to do battle at longer distance with 13.4g KO slugs moving at 775 fps. I slowly backed up and took up position which ranged 67 yards from the spot where went into the woodline. Entering the wind and distance into Strelok Pro told me I needed 24 clicks(or hold over 2.4 mils) and hold a shade under a half mil to the right. So I dialed it up and waited.

Before long he came back out to resume his treacherous activities(under the guise of sniffing for acorns), so I re-checked the wind and dope on my scope, then chambered a round. He was a wily one, not staying still long, so I would have to time the shot right. Steady, steady.... send it. Pphhtt! Oh no, he moved as I pulled the trigger and "matrixed" the slug! The round sailed over his back just behind his head, kicking up leaves about 5 yards on the other side of him. Dammit! He jumped and turned to look behind him as I quickly chambered another round. After a few seconds of confusion, he went back to his business, nose down quartering into me. Whew, my cover wasn't blown yet. Re-aquired target in scope and.... Pphhtt!... Splat! He laid still for a few seconds before flopping around then expiring, tell-tale signs of a nice headshot:

1214211037.1639858955.jpg

Upon inspection, the shot entered below his left ear and exited behind his head:

12142110382.1639859080.jpg

This threat was neutralized, but left me wondering how many more of these Splinter Cells were out there operating alone waiting for their chance to infiltrate and destroy the world as we know it? I shall contunue to be vigilant🇺🇸 in my fight against the evils of squirreldom!😜

Yep, I have been fighting the squirrel battle in my yard this year. They seem to think they can gnaw holes in the house, eat all my fruit, etc. I have gotten them somewhat under control but they continually move in from the surrounding territory. Yesterday almost was a no squirrel day. It was extremely windy and the squirrels did not move much after first daylight when the wind began picking up. However, I saw one after lunch at a MTC Rapier ranged 90 yards feeding on the ground and the battle was on. I got the Huben out and made the appropriate scope adjustments. After feeding him a .22 cal. JSB MRD, squirrel # 68 for the year is now playing dead! LOL most of my shots are on the long side nowadays. I have gotten most of them trained to stay away from close proximity to my house.The war continues.

download.png