.177 Red Wolf

Anybody that has a .177 RW have data for the changes in the power levels in a stock condition ? The spec sheet on AOA says up to 18 FP . Interested in how low they will go on the low power setting . Another question . Has anyone tried wadcutters out the RW platform . And would have data they would be willing to share ?? Are they stable enough to group well . If so about what range would they be accurate too? Every thing being equal . I saw some in the 7 grain range . So I thought they should shed energy pretty quickly . I'm thinking pesting and Target with back yard plinking to start with . With a possible FT rifle in the future .Got a new neighbor and the quieter and the less chance of bouncing pellets the better . Would the tuner get it down to 6 FP or less and still be reliable ??? Thanks for your time along with any and all Info in advance .

I have a standard power RW in .22. Your .177, with a silencer will be extremely quiet. Pellet design should not be a factor in terms of "bouncing" pellets around. Regardless of power or pellet, you should know, without question, where every pellet you shoot is going. I have squirrel issues in my yard, but a restricted safe zone in which to shoot. I can take less than half the shots presented. It's just a safety consideration that has to be recognized.

I have a standard power RW in .22. Your .177, with a silencer will be extremely quiet. Pellet design should not be a factor in terms of "bouncing" pellets around. Regardless of power or pellet, you should know, without question, where every pellet you shoot is going. I have squirrel issues in my yard, but a restricted safe zone in which to shoot. I can take less than half the shots presented. It's just a safety consideration that has to be recognized.

I to have a restricted area but things can go other then planned . Which is why even with a safe back stop the light fast energy shedding pellets are just another layer for safety . As a projectile can and do change directions going thur the target.
Thank you for your input about the quiet factor !!!

Here’s what I have from my .177 standard with its favorite pellet. I don’t remember how many shots were in the test string. I’d imagine a bunch.

H&N Barracuda Match (4.52mm head) velocity:

High power - 892 FPS, Std. Dev = 5.1, Spread 16 FPS, 18.80 FPE

Mid power - 813 FPS, std. Dev. = 8.3, Spread 22 FPS, 15.6 FPE

Low power - 718 FPS, Std. Dev. = 6.7, Spread 21 FPS, 12.19 FPE

If you get a Heliboard you will have shot powers from 5-6fpe all the way up to ~25-28 fpe. I put a Huggett Atom on mine and it is near completely silent except for when shooting the NSA 12.5gr at 950 fps. Even then it is still very backyard friendly.

ronmcc4 , thanks for the Data on the standard . Some food for thoughts In there . 

Spray1Mark Thanks for the info / Sounds like if the match wadcutters are going to work may have to check into a heliboard .

ctshooter I was pretty sure that a moderator was going to be in the package from AOA but I made a note . Have to try and find info on ordering the heliboard and check on turnaround time .