.177 populariy

177 is my fave cal of all.. I have a raw bm500 and a ds airwolf in 177...… to me if air guns get more powerful than that.. might as well go to a 22 rimfire.

177 is king of the air rifle world and now because of brute power.

I have owned rifles in .20 .22 AND .25 but the magic lies with the 177 due to low cost. very accurate limited range , noise, ect

.177 gets pushed by the wind to much but for me but if you shoot FT you have a max of 20 FPE for steel targets it does make it easier being that the trajectory is flatter but the wind can give you hell

Heck, even the .22s get moved about in very little wind. I just prefer the .22s for pesting and plinking though. The .177 are small for my mitts.

Until November/2019 here in Brazil the airgun calibers were limited to .177 , .22 and 6.0 and We had limitations in scopes size too (zoom maximmun . 6x and diameter 36mm).

Now all calibers are allowed and size of scopes too, but if you want a scope with night vision or thermal vision you need have a special license.

.My favorite caliber is .177 for its versatility.

There has been more development of air rifles in .177 caliber and they are probably the most accurate within 50 yards. The latest craze for large calibers shooting slugs is crazy, unless you are a hunter. But for most of us, target shooting such as FT and BR, we use .177s due to power limitations. And for plinking? Calibers beyond .22 don't make much sense. While I own .25 and .30 cal rifles, I don't shoot them as much, unless shooting at long ranges from 75 to 100 yards. They are more expensive to shoot.