.177 Piledriver 21 gr

"shutik"
"LewisP12"@ sirk

The Piledriver has a BC of 0.080, it's supose to be better at bucking the wind than .25 cal King Heavy's according to Chairgun.

I would not believe those manufacture posted BC's.

Ballistic Coefficients
http://hardairmagazine.com/ballistic-coefficients/embed/ lists BC of piledriver only at 0.033 which is less than .25 king heavy 0.046[/QUOTE]
I have tested the original .177 Piledrivers many times , more recently using a Labradar chronograph, out to as far as 50 yards . They come out bc 0.09 to 0.11 at from 640 to 740 mv's ftom an LW and FWB barrels in my RAW TM 1000. That is very close to .22 rimfire match bullets.
At 300 yards they will still penetrate a sheet of supported corrugated roofing iron. You might read some of my experiments and see some groups shot by googling Yrrah plus piledrivers. Hardairmagazine obviously either has a miss-print or shot them from a slingshot. ..... kind regards, Harry in OZ.
The .22 cal seems to be a tad lower bc at 0.08

Reactions: ironlion269
It is quite important that the loading bolt has no slop and that the probe fits quite neatly inside the pellet cavity. This will, as much as possible, ensure that the piledriver, with its rear tapered body, is loaded as concentric as possible into the barrel. Good luck with the helium / air mix. You may need to clean the barrel perhaps every 10 shots or so. Even at 640 fps that does make a difference with these pellets.....H.
Post script: I have gone back to read Hardair protocol which states that an FX Impact was used in testing.
The Imact has an FX ST barrel which would not suit the Piledriver bullet. I suspect that to be the reason for the odd low 0.033 bc reported. Neither would the loading system of the Impact be a suitable match-up I suspect.
My own bc test results have a generally close match up with Hardair data for those pellets for which I have data.

It is quite important that the loading bolt has no slop and that the probe fits quite neatly inside the pellet cavity. This will, as much as possible, ensure that the piledriver, with its rear tapered body, is loaded as concentric as possible into the barrel. Good luck with the helium / air mix. You may need to clean the barrel perhaps every 10 shots or so. Even at 640 fps that does make a difference with these pellets.....H. Post script: I have gone back to read Hardair protocol which states that an FX Impact was used in testing. The Imact has an FX ST barrel which would not suit the Piledriver bullet. I suspect that to be the reason for the odd low 0.033 bc reported. Neither would the loading system of the Impact be a suitable match-up I suspect. My own bc test results have a generally close match up with Hardair data for those pellets for which I have data.

I have to confirm it