.177 JSB monsters best speed

So in setting up my R5M .177 for the best pellet I've found the 13.43gr monsters to do very well out of it at 50yds. Trying to setup for the best fps. At 870fps they were everywhere. But dropped to 820 and were much better but a weird flier maybe 1 of 10 pellets. Had to leave but thinking bumping it down to 800fps? I feel like I remember guys who shoot 20fpe limit like to shoot them at that speed

. . . maybe a dumb question but here goes anyway. I think most of know that when sighting in a scope one will often times wind up with a double apex ( ie; two zeros ). What about with ammo as it relates to this thread? @Dairyboy's situation at the top of this is / was very similar to what I encountered yesterday with one of my guns - except .25 cal slugs. They were winging out of the barrel at near 1000fps and were not grouping very well. I got 'em going good after dropping the reg a little and backing off on hammer spring and I found real good / consistent accuracy at around 960 - 965fps. Is there just "a speed" that a projectile will fly best at or can you ( say you want to go faster for a flatter trajectory / harder hitting on critters ) keep throttling it up and find a second sweet spot? ( so long as the gun has the horsepower to push 'em that hard ) Just curious . . .

Lol more to try then! Gotta say I love shooting .177. Put a good 300 pellets through the gun in the last 2 days. Really just trying to decide what to settle on. I have the 10.34gr AAs which are doing pretty darn well along with the 13.43 Monsters. The RD do ok at the lower speeds not as consistent but wanna try them at higher speeds. Also wanna try the NSA slugs at all speeds too. Have both the 12.5gr and 15gr. At the reg pressure it maxes at 970fps with the 13.43gr. Trying to find the best setting with best pellet so I can adjust the reg to the proper pressure.

Hey Dillon. You might try the 10.34s at 920-930fps. That's what I shoot out of my field target gun and, at that speed, it is very very accurate. Shoots nice and flat and fairly wind resistant (relative to being sub 20fpe). 

They stay very stable out past 100 yards too, as evidenced by a couple different experiences with this one (non FT experiences of course). 

The most recent was some bell targets at 114 yards (I think). I could make it ding pretty often. 

I also was getting after some prairie dogs a few year ago with it. I found a little colony on a raised bank of dirt at 110 yards. They'd never been shot at and were thorough idiots. The silence of the moderated gun surely helped me out. Anyway, I killed 7 or 8 with about 10 shots right there in the space of just a few minutes. (Some will say underpowered but dead is dead, especially when it's a destructive pest). 

In my Pulsar HP 177, it liked the 13gr on low power which was 820FPS. Medium was around 925, but they did better on low for me. Those were the only two viable settings. 

Also, mine liked the RD a little better.

By liked them, I mean they were very good on that setting. The 16gr could only beat the 13gr barely. This was an excellent setting. I actually liked the more pleasant shooting of the 13gr on that low power setting as well. 

I kinda stumbled upon the 13.43 JSB RD Monsters about six weeks ago. I had been shooting the H&N 10.65s from my FT rig for the past year and was satisfied with their performance. But about six weeks ago I found a half tin in the back of my range bag and thought what the heck? .177 FX Crown with old style solid ST barrel shooting the 13.43 RD Monsters at 820 FPS. Right at 20 FPE. First 6 shot group below at 50 yards. This isn’t a cherry picked group. Most of the groups looked similar to this one. Even better, shooting side by side with the H&N 10.65s the wind drift was significantly less, about what drift you get from a .22 JSB Exact 15.89. 
I even shot them at 100 yards this past Sunday in light breezy conditions. 10 shots all stayed inside the 7 ring on an EBR Target.

C70DCE14-FAEC-450C-96E3-51B955A074AE.1600196890.jpeg

And the winner is....the RD monsters! Had time to shoot it tonight and damn! These are 5 consecutive groups at 50yds. All but the bottom right are 5 shot groups where the bottom right is 10 shots. Did adjust scope and got it zeroed and zero stop setup. Ordered a decent amount of tins of the RDs from Trenier now. The 10.34gr weren't bad honestly pretty darn good but not with this consistency. The bummer is the original monsters were incredible for 4 out of 5 shots for the groups shot. I mean 1/4" if the fliers weren't present. And by fliers they were still within 3/4". Oh well though very happy with how this is shooting! Gonna be a great pester!

IMG_20200915_195623635.1600226334.jpg