177 fastest most accurate

Well man, there’s a lot to choose from but out of a bunch of air guns in .177, I don’t know what you want to spend or power you’re looking for.

RAW with JSB Monster 13.43. I’ve killed Crows out to 110 yards with that pellet from a Discovery. I miss my AZ Rapids & will be getting a few RAW rifles.

AZ had set a Daystate up to spit 16 grain Eun Jin at 32 ftlbs. Amazing accuracy his words & owners.

Cheap end, Hatsan has power to send any .177

Rainstorms are great for price. I’ve owned some I’d put against any other PCP at 100 yards. Not saying I’d best it. But those Korean guns can definitely shoot well.

Marauder FT. LW barrel & regulated.

Too many choices for me without knowing your full expectations & price limit.

I have yet to find any .177 pellet that is accurate much past 900fps, as the distance increases, the accuracy worsens. Light pellet seem to be good from 600-840. Heavy pellets a bit faster.

on a flat calm day my mfr will consistently hit a 40mm spinner at 100yards shooting 8.4grn pellets at 780fps

here is a 5 shot group at 45yards

1557650654_1210811855cd7dcde679f80.57496625_D80D92B0-8218-4573-BDCC-F5606BC065DD.jpeg

For pigeons and rabbits, clean kills at 50 yards are a formality even at the uk sub 12fpe power limit. It shot placement that counts not power.

Bb

I have yet to find any .177 pellet that is accurate much past 900fps, as the distance increases, the accuracy worsens. Light pellet seem to be good from 600-840. Heavy pellets a bit faster.

on a flat calm day my mfr will consistently hit a 40mm spinner at 100yards shooting 8.4grn pellets at 780fps

here is a 5 shot group at 45yards

1557650654_1210811855cd7dcde679f80.57496625_D80D92B0-8218-4573-BDCC-F5606BC065DD.jpeg

For pigeons and rabbits, clean kills at 50 yards are a formality even at the uk sub 12fpe power limit. It shot placement that counts not power.

Excellent group brah! I posted a similar group and got a negative as someone didn't believe me lol. ..sonny

There’s a video of a British guy that tested wad cutters and diabolos and pointy pellets (I think). Sorry I can’t remember all the details and can’t find the video but the point that he ended up making is the the diabolos are the best compromise of accuracy and stopping power. Basically first you want to hit it and the diabolos have good accuracy and then have enough energy shedding ability to get the rest of the job done.

The correct answers depend on which of your wants you're willing to COMPROMISE on- extreme velocity, extreme accuracy, or both. Because almost invariably with pellet guns, extreme velocity comes at the cost of accuracy (and vice-versa). BTW, .177 might be the worst caliber for 100 yard shooting.

There’s a video of a British guy that tested wad cutters and diabolos and pointy pellets (I think). Sorry I can’t remember all the details and can’t find the video but the point that he ended up making is the the diabolos are the best compromise of accuracy and stopping power. Basically first you want to hit it and the diabolos have good accuracy and then have enough energy shedding ability to get the rest of the job done.

Both of these are excellent posts.

there are 4 contributing factors for accuracy, quality pellets, a barrel that likes those pellets, the speed at which those pellet preform best and the consistency at which the gun when it spits the pellet out.

There are other things that help, good optics, comfortable stock, reliable trigger release and a steady rest. However, you can have all of these but if the any one of the four listed above is missing then so is the pellet.

yes .177 is the worst for 100 yard shooting because the pellet is most affected by wind and any minute defect have a greater effect compared to the same size defect on a larger pellet but if the gods of shooting are in a good mood then even a .177 can work extremely well at 100 yards. My best 5;shot group with a 12fpe.177 theoben MFR was inside 5/8” slightest breeze and you would be lucky to get 5 shots onto a dinner plate.

As generally rule pointed pellets, (or any exotic pellet design for that matter) have poor accuracy.

flat heads have good accuracy at close ranges but that drops off quickly as the range increase as does the energy., High speeds really don’t work with flat heads, 6-12 fpe paper punching is what they we designed for and they do that well.

dome heads are the most consistent performing pellet type, finding the right one is key to good accuracy be that plinking or hunting, absolutely no point in having a pellet that has huge shock transfer if you can’t hit chuff all!

In the uk most of us are limited to sub12 fpe, that is about 800FPS in .177 and 570 FPS in .22, despite our restrictions, 12fpe airguns account for 100’s of thousands of pigeons and rabbits each year. Shot placement is more important than power unless you hunt bear and hogs and mountain lion ....luckily we don’t have them over here..

Bb

I don’t have first hand knowledge of all this, but, if you want a really Bad Ass .177, give this gun a look. A while back I was asking this same question and he posted on it, but he sold it & the for sale post had a lot of good info. Don’t remember seeing anything about accuracy, meaning actual groups, but you may find that some of thoughts on velocity, accuracy, projectile weight, etc not necessarily follow the conventional paradigms. We are talking about 50fpe+ .177 gun. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-beaumont-grizzly-carbine/

Here is my original post asking pretty much the same thing.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/whats-your-baddest-favorite-most-accurate-177-pcp/

Santa! Definitely watch some videos on the Daystate Red Wolf .177, it’s a rifle that I must have someday, then ask yourself for one for Christmas. I’ve been really good lately and I’d like one too please, I’ll leave pellets out instead of cookies too. And maybe bring one to the poor guy above who didn’t ever get a pellet gun! But wait a minute, Will would just shoot his eye out.

40 yards and under for Rats, Squirrels, Opossums & Snakes you just dont need it. 12-20fpe is more than enough. By chance (likely couldn't have done it twice) THE cleanest kill I've ever had on a opossum was with an AA410 . 177 shooting 19fpe (10.9g) with a clean through and through Brain shot.

Shot placement is all you need.

John