.177 Crosman 7.4gr vs 7.9gr

I recently went on line to purchase some Crosman Premier 7.4 gr Pointed pellets.

Nobody had them in stock, and given the current shortage of powder powered ammo I sort of panicked and bought the closest thing I could find.

That was Crosman Premier 7.9 gr Super Point pellets.

I figured if the 7.4's work, why wouldn't the 7.9's from the same manufacturer?

The 7.9's arrived and, lo and behold, they do not fit into my Weihrauch rifle.

They can be forced into my Daisy 747 pistols but I fear that would do damage to the bolt over time.

They are also VERY tight in the Crosman Vigilante rotary magazines, but they do seem to shoot fine.

Anyone else have this or a similar issue with different weight pellets of the same caliber, from the same manufacturer?

FWIW...I emailed Crosman and the response stated "... Everyone [sic] pellets have a + or - in there [sic] variances. We only guarantee that the pellets are going to work in our guns, we do not guarantee that they will work in a different producers guns. ..."

DO NOT BUY CROSMAN 7.9gr Premier Super Points! They are oversized and Will eventually get stuck in your Daisy 7x7 pistol and get stuck often won't even fire them out. Use a wooden dowel to muzzle load style push them stuck ones out with the bolt is in the open position.

They are the worst of the worst Crosman pellets money can buy next to the Pirhanas.

The reject 7.9gr Crosman Premier Super Points are only good for 177 oversized breech and bore guns such as some spring guns and pistols of Chinese origin which shoot them great. 

You have to run them through a pellet sizer.

DO NOT BUY CROSMAN 7.9gr Premier Super Points! They are oversized and Will eventually get stuck in your Daisy 7x7 pistol and get stuck often won't even fire them out. Use a wooden dowel to muzzle load style push them stuck ones out with the bolt is in the open position.

They are the worst of the worst Crosman pellets money can buy next to the Pirhanas.

The reject 7.9gr Crosman Premier Super Points are only good for 177 oversized breech and bore guns such as some spring guns and pistols of Chinese origin which shoot them great. 

You have to run them through a pellet sizer.

I have another couple of rifles in which I will try the 7.9 pellets. One is an old Daisy break barrel, the other an older Chinese underlever (B3?). The B3 was purchased from a tool company that used to go around and set up in parking lots. I don't recall their name.

A pellet sizer is a good suggestion. Thanks for that.👍

I bought a couple of tins of the 7.4g crosmans. Very inconsistent on the sizes some fit tight and some slide strait through and out the end of the barrel. Real inconsistent on the grouping also. Bought 3 500 round tins of Winchester round nose and they consistently fit snug and group really well. I think the Winchester pellets are going to be really good for my NP Ruger.

I bought a couple of tins of the 7.4g crosmans. Very inconsistent on the sizes some fit tight and some slide strait through and out the end of the barrel. Real inconsistent on the grouping also. Bought 3 500 round tins of Winchester round nose and they consistently fit snug and group really well. I think the Winchester pellets are going to be really good for my NP Ruger.

Interesting. I guess it is true that each gun has a pellet preference.

Ive used the pointed , but like you day wirh the super point the .177 paranhas are too tight in my r9 as well.. got to really mash em in ..lol. So i dont use them in it anymore ..

These pointed should be at walmart for less then these , i grab them when cphp are out and get good shots from them. Almost equal to cphp..

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/crosman-hunting-177-cal-7-4-grains-pointed-250ct?p=108

So if them super points dont fit then id say the paranhas wil ba as tight in your hw.

Good luck