• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

177 Cal Marauder and a Dime

Comparing my 25 and a dime with my 177

The 177:
25 yards
2300 psi
8.44 jsb
961 fps
16 ft lbs

2b5e07d62382b84cb723706c62f45a82.jpg

558a5f5a2af3b57e1b2562134e40a444.jpg

fbad54bfcfdfae1b4e80981611c5422a.jpg

18462a00f606db009bf01807a306baff.jpg

177 on the left and the 25 Armada on the right

For specifics on the 25:
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/25-cal-armada-and-a-dime/

How did you set the dime up? Was it against something or just stood up alone? The 177 hit pretty hard also. I will try next week with my 25 condor ss shooting about 55 fpe at the muzzle. I also just got some 49 grain hunter supply bullets and will try with that on full power by taking out the restrictor. Im thinking it will be mid 70's.

"crittahitta"How did you set the dime up? Was it against something or just stood up alone? The 177 hit pretty hard also. I will try next week with my 25 condor ss shooting about 55 fpe at the muzzle. I also just got some 49 grain hunter supply bullets and will try with that on full power by taking out the restrictor. Im thinking it will be mid 70's.
Fiber board target with the dime taped to the target using 4 pieces of electrical tape.

Set a large piece of half inch ply wood about 1 foot behind the target.

Each shot pushed the dime thru the fiber board to the plywood and found the coins on the ground.

The power of your gun will probably fold the dime.

About 6 months ago i shot a quarter at 50 yards with the 25 cal and never found the quarter so the area has to be pretty clear around the target area.

Looking forward to seeing what 70 foot lbs will do.

Well I didn't set mine up like yours unfortunately. I cut a groove in a 2x4 and stood 2 dimes up with a piece of wood in the background to catch it. Well one disappeared and this is the other. hit with a 55 ft lb jsb 34 grain pellet at 25 yards. I only had 2 dimes due to being upstate and far from home. I hit it low. Sorry not perfect shot. Will try in a few weeks.
1b018398fda489810e5a241847499711.jpg
09d07158cb832ec4a3dcebb1a3877d5b.jpg
60ab4a98463a07ec2ee13fc1a8ea0d38.jpg

Guys I don't think I would post what you are doing:

Is it illegal to damage or deface coins? Section 331 of Title 18 of the United States code provides criminal penalties for anyone who “fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the Mints of the United States.”

It is a criminal act! ;)

Thurmond

"T3PRanch"Guys I don't think I would post what you are doing:

Is it illegal to damage or deface coins? Section 331 of Title 18 of the United States code provides criminal penalties for anyone who “fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the Mints of the United States.”

It is a criminal act! ;)

Thurmond

I always thought it funny there are penny presses in national parks.

"T3PRanch"Guys I don't think I would post what you are doing:

It is a criminal act! ;)

Thurmond

Also if the feds and other gov't agencies aren't overly interested in prosecuting scammers on classifieds do you honestly believe they will come raging to your door with warrants and guns drawn because you shot a few coins?

Uh, scammers fall under the usual law enforcement arms of government, whether Local, State, or Federal. Physical MONEY, on the other hand, falls within the bailiwick of the Secret Service, if I recall correctly. And the SecServ is not an organization you want to cross. Suffice it to say that any coin shots I may or may not do in the future will not be shared on social media.