961 fps
    16 ft lbs

177 on the left and the 25 Armada on the right

For specifics on the 25:
    https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/25-cal-armada-and-a-dime/

Link

crittahitta
    Participant

How did you set the dime up? Was it against something or just stood up alone? The 177 hit pretty hard also. I will try next week with my 25 condor ss shooting about 55 fpe at the muzzle. I also just got some 49 grain hunter supply bullets and will try with that on full power by taking out the restrictor. Im thinking it will be mid 70’s.

Link

jlc
    Participant

“crittahitta”How did you set the dime up? Was it against something or just stood up alone? The 177 hit pretty hard also. I will try next week with my 25 condor ss shooting about 55 fpe at the muzzle. I also just got some 49 grain hunter supply bullets and will try with that on full power by taking out the restrictor. Im thinking it will be mid 70’s.

Fiber board target with the dime taped to the target using 4 pieces of electrical tape.

Set a large piece of half inch ply wood about 1 foot behind the target.

Each shot pushed the dime thru the fiber board to the plywood and found the coins on the ground.

The power of your gun will probably fold the dime.

About 6 months ago i shot a quarter at 50 yards with the 25 cal and never found the quarter so the area has to be pretty clear around the target area.

Looking forward to seeing what 70 foot lbs will do.

Link

crittahitta
    Participant

Well I didn’t set mine up like yours unfortunately. I cut a groove in a 2×4 and stood 2 dimes up with a piece of wood in the background to catch it. Well one disappeared and this is the other. hit with a 55 ft lb jsb 34 grain pellet at 25 yards. I only had 2 dimes due to being upstate and far from home. I hit it low. Sorry not perfect shot. Will try in a few weeks.

Link

jlc
    Participant

Nice shot you can see the difference in the increased power that yours hit the dime. 

Pennies tear apart. 

What Cal gun?

Link

crittahitta
    Participant

It was a .25 cal condor ss at 55 foot lbs. Next time i will do it like you did and see what happens. I also have a 49 grain hunters supply bullet i can shoot wide open at 78 foot lbs.

Link

T3PRanch
    Participant

Guys I don’t think I would post what you are doing:

Is it illegal to damage or deface coins? Section 331 of Title 18 of the United States code provides criminal penalties for anyone who “fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the Mints of the United States.”

It is a criminal act! ;)

Thurmond

Link

Wadcutter
    Participant

“T3PRanch”Guys I don’t think I would post what you are doing:

Is it illegal to damage or deface coins? Section 331 of Title 18 of the United States code provides criminal penalties for anyone who “fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the Mints of the United States.”

It is a criminal act! ;)

Thurmond

I always thought it funny there are penny presses in national parks.

Link

crittahitta
    Participant

Yeah if thats what i get arrested for then this country has bigger issues than i thought. But i will follow Thurmonds advice and not post it anymore. He is the voice of reason.

Link

Deleted Account

It’s a criminal act if you try to pass the defaced/damaged money as valid currency. Otherwise you’re safe to do as you please.

Link

Deleted Account

“T3PRanch”Guys I don’t think I would post what you are doing:

It is a criminal act! ;)

Thurmond

Also if the feds  and other gov’t agencies aren’t overly interested in prosecuting scammers on classifieds do you honestly believe they will come raging to your door with warrants and guns drawn because you shot a few coins?

Link

CampFussell
    Participant

I always enjoy coin photos. Someone shot this with a .25 cal Marauder several years ago. Poor Lincoln 😉

Link

ironlion269
    Participant

Uh, scammers fall under the usual law enforcement arms of government, whether Local, State, or Federal.  Physical MONEY, on the other hand, falls within the bailiwick of the Secret Service, if I recall correctly.  And the SecServ is not an organization you want to cross.  Suffice it to say that any coin shots I may or may not do in the future will not be shared on social media.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.