• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.177 at 101 yards Pulsar

.177 RD Monsters at 815 FPS at 101 yards five shots on EBR Target. Regular Daystate Pulsar with HeliBoard and Huma reg. Just for the halibut. We’re going to shoot .177 FT 20 FPE guns as a test before EFT Saturday. Thought I’d zero and then check my dope at 101 yards. Shot one sighter then these five shots. Done. Almost no wind. The 9 ring is 1.2 inches.

128EDD7F-8AE9-430A-9325-D50CBF4F16A8.1618768321.jpeg

yes very good shooting indeed ,,,you know when growing up i only shot 177 or bbs ,,now since entering the pcp world ,i havent any 177s ,,,,,got 2 RAWS in 30 and 25 a wildcat in 25 the 4 others Vulcan VETERAN and gen 1 and gen 3 impacts all 22 cal ,,im starting to feel like im missing out on something ,and after seeing your group ,it just confirms it ,wondering what is everyones favorite cal thanks for the pic pat

Hi Centercut,

I just installed a Heliboard in my recently purchased 5-year old .177 standard Pulsar. Jack Gialoukos's pulse width settings give me about 20 FPE on power level 6 with JSB jumbo heavy 10.3s and 13.4 RD monsters (pulse width is set for 1725 at 195 bar), but the velocity varies as the pressure declines. You've written that you've done extensive experimentation to get stable FPS for your heliboard across pressure levels. Would you be willing to share the pulse width numbers you use for 20 FPE with RD Monsters and/or 10.3s at various bar/raw pressures? What capacity voltage do you use? (I'm starting a quest to maximize my precision for BR and the first step was to install the heliboard to provide a lot of flexibility as I test vibration dampening, pellets, benchrest set-ups, etc.)

Regards,
RScott

Wow!, surprised you kept them stable at that speed out to 100yds. I have to jack the speed up to about 830-840fps to keep them stable to 75yds in both my poly barrels, that of course put them over 20ftlbs so didn't really care at that point.

The 10.3's were a different story I could keep them stable out to 75yds no problem and very accurate.

Thanks @Steve123 , that's an old post someone pulled up from when we tried to shoot EFT with 20 FPE guns...

For @rscott I am not sure exactly what settings are on the Heliboard. I do know that you need at least 140bar to get 20 FPE, and my Huma is set to 150 bar, power level 5, voltage at 71 vdc. This gives me right at 815 FPS, and an ES over a 90 shot string of about 7 FPS. I've found after much experimentation with the Heliboard that the factory settings for PW are about as good as you're going to get, and I use them and only change the voltage to fine tune speed. I call this Pulsar the Alpha Wolf, since it functions pretty much the same as a Delta Wolf in Advanced Mode.

@nomojo65 the RDMs were stable way past 100 yards. The farthest I shot them were 110 yards and they were stable. The standard Pulsar does not have a poly barrel... Shooting at 55 yards, the Exact Heavy 10.3 were very slightly more accurate (910 FPS), but much more affected by the wind than the 13.43 RDMs (815 FPS). Surprisingly, the 13.4 JSB KO slugs were also very accurate at 795 FPS, and even less affected by the wind than the RDMs.

Thanks @Steve123 , that's an old post someone pulled up from when we tried to shoot EFT with 20 FPE guns...

For @rscott I am not sure exactly what settings are on the Heliboard. I do know that you need at least 140bar to get 20 FPE, and my Huma is set to 150 bar, power level 5, voltage at 71 vdc. This gives me right at 815 FPS, and an ES over a 90 shot string of about 7 FPS. I've found after much experimentation with the Heliboard that the factory settings for PW are about as good as you're going to get, and I use them and only change the voltage to fine tune speed. I call this Pulsar the Alpha Wolf, since it functions pretty much the same as a Delta Wolf in Advanced Mode.

@nomojo65 the RDMs were stable way past 100 yards. The farthest I shot them were 110 yards and they were stable. The standard Pulsar does not have a poly barrel... Shooting at 55 yards, the Exact Heavy 10.3 were very slightly more accurate (910 FPS), but much more affected by the wind than the 13.43 RDMs (815 FPS). Surprisingly, the 13.4 JSB KO slugs were also very accurate at 795 FPS, and even less affected by the wind than the RDMs.

Oh, yeah, I didn't catch that.

I was glad I was shooting 22rf during that match, talk about opposites! I was paired with a guy who was using his FT rifle that day and I felt sorry for him shooting his 19 fpe FT rifle on the XFT course, IMHO just too hard!!!

In firearms terms it'd be like me shooting a 22RF in a centerfire match. The projectile will get there eventually but - wind. Even so some of those guys did pretty good with their FT guns.

Oh, yeah, I didn't catch that.

I was glad I was shooting 22rf during that match, talk about opposites! I was paired with a guy who was using his FT rifle that day and I felt sorry for him shooting his 19 fpe FT rifle on the XFT course, IMHO just too hard!!!

In firearms terms it'd be like me shooting a 22RF in a centerfire match. The projectile will get there eventually but - wind. Even so some of those guys did pretty good with their FT guns.

Agree, its kind of like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Although I think its probably easier (relatively) shooting a 20 FPE gun at EFT than at 100Y BR. We saw that at the Oregon EFT/EBR last year when a shooter did really good with a .177 (although it was shooting way over 20 FPE with .177 Beasts) in EFT and horrible with the same gun and ammo at EBR 100Y.