.177 AA S510 Motorhead Huma Reg and Tune results

Earlier today, I received my decades old AA S510 .177 back from Motorhead Airgun Tuning Services. My instructions to Scott were (A) to replace all of the seals (was not leaking but this gun is several years and many thousands of shots experienced), (B) install a Huma Regulator setting it for maximum efficiency while attempting to preserve +/- 20 ft lbs of energy, and (C) do any other maintenance or tuning that he would do if he owned the rifle.

This is my third rifle sent to Motorhead for tune-up. Everyone has been returned not only meeting my very demanding expectations, but generally exceeding them. Having always been a very accurate rifle, Scott installed the regulator and resealed the gun, indicating post repair/pre-shipment that it should produce a velocity of +/- 940 ft/sec and with a 200 bar fill, be somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 to 80 shots before coming off of the regulator.

The post tune accuracy of this rifle remains superb, as I shot three 15 shot groups, all sub .25 inch, on my 18 yard indoor range, and with an 8 mph crossing wind, an outdoor 10 shot group that measured right at 1" at 50 yards, with 6 of the 10 shots in the core of the group and touching each other.

As you can see below, I shot a string (using AA 10.3 Diablo Field) to see where the pressure would drop below the regulated pressure - which happened on the 73rd shot - exactly as advertised. Across the 72 shot regulated string, the Hi was 947 fps, the Lo was 936 fps, the SD = 2 fps, the ES = 11 fps. The resulting average muzzle energy was 20.21 ft lbs.

Scott never disappoints. Scott received my rifle last Friday afternoon, made the requested repairs and reg installation and put it back out to shipment on Tuesday morning.

This is not special service by Scott, just what he does for all of his customers. I highly recommend him.

1564774320_4051228255d448fb0466668.78889425_.177 AA S510 Post Motorhead Tune Results.08.02.19.jpg

Thank you for the acknowledgement ....

While you can just throw in a regulator as many do ... to truly make the conversion work too potential there is more to be done that involves mods to the valve parts, hammer specs, springs & transfer path along with plenum size and set pressure. Done correctly Dans figures above tell the story best.

Regards,

Scott S

Motorheads AG Tuning Services