16 Year CF Tank

Bogview, I remember the price of $375 on the digital wave web site for re-certs but when I bought an extended life tank from Pyramyd Air, the paperwork I received with my tank showed that the cost for recertification is the cost of a current hydro, plus shipping. I don't know if that's because Digital Wave is partnered with Pyramyd or what's going on but the price seems to be a bit confusing. You should probably look into it to make sure of pricing.

One other thing, Digital Wave has a buy back program for carbon tanks that have an expired life span. I think they will pay something like $300 and up for each tank that needs re-certification. After they buy them, I'm sure they just recertify them and re-sell with a little mark up. Everyone's happy. I don't remember any of the numbers exactly so don't quote me but I did look everything over a bit when I bought my tank from Pyramyd Air a while back. If they would buy your tank for recertification and re-sale, you could use the $300+ towards the cost of a new tank. That would be a big help towards a new carbon tank. Like I said though, I haven't been on the Digital Wave website in a while so you need to verify what I think I remember. lol

I hope I remember things correctly and you can sell them your tank for $300+ or get yours recertified for the cost of a Hydro. In any case, it's worth looking into.

Stoti

The web site is a bit misleading. They will buy back your tanks but it doesn’t list a price. What they list is the price to sell you old tanks that have been recertified. For a standard 45 minute 66 cu ft tank it’s like $350. Plus you need to supply your own valve. I’d say the money you get selling them your used expired tanks is under $50. 

Has anyone actually found the cost to recertifiy a tank bought from PA at the 5 year point with MAE testing? The DW web site lists $300, but that’s for the initial recertification and the PA tanks would be going in for a re-recertification. “Cost of a hydro” means what? $30 here in San Diego. 

It’s up to you. It’s just me, and I don’t recommend this to anyone, but if it were in good shape and I knew it’s history, you have your own compressor, and it passed multiple hydros, I would use it. 

But if that Drager is not too expensive I’d buy that one since it has 6 more years service, and hydros are cheap. Should be about maybe $150 to $175?