16 to 23 joule springers

I can’t buy the CP hollow points, they don’t sell them the gun shop in my local town and I can’t find anyone in Australia that sell them online. I’m shooting the FTT 14.65 in my LGV but I’m just not happy with the results. I can’t recall the head sizes but I tried all (3) and settled on the 5.53. It’s rated at 23 joule and I’m looking for something that will give consistent groups, as I always seem to get several off shots in a group of 10.

Gary

My LGV 16 joule .177 liked .1765-.1770 JSB 8.44's. All barrels are different though.

If you pay for shipping I would send you some free smaller head 4.48-4.50 JSB 8.44's free. Yes, free full tins. 

Funny because I just changed Siri's voice to an Australian female before reading this post.

Too bad I cahn't say, "Hey Sheila." 

Contact me via PM and offer is for you though as long as you pay shipping you'll have enough to share or shoot for a good while.

I need a bunch of pellets that Pyramyd Air doesn't have in stock myself.

They're out of almost everything or head sizes I need, wish were available like in Europe. 

Wanted to try 16.20 JSB's on pre order 🙁

I wish they & more slugs would come in at 5.45-5.55mm. 
I can't believe that new GMI mold is like $800.00. They should make a sizer die set & press to size down 0.001" at a time. 

I have a .215" Benchmark barrel w/a 2" long .213" choke. 5.45mm .2145669" slugs or 25.39's from the 2 L&G 29" x 0.753" would be slick shooters.

On the other hand a R1 .22 that's fine with any .22's to 20 yards but if you expect to keep them under a dime at 40-50 yards you better be using H&N FTT 5.54-5.55's seated in perfectly straight or else kiss your group goodbye.

I can’t buy the CP hollow points, they don’t sell them the gun shop in my local town and I can’t find anyone in Australia that sell them online. I’m shooting the FTT 14.65 in my LGV but I’m just not happy with the results. I can’t recall the head sizes but I tried all (3) and settled on the 5.53. It’s rated at 23 joule and I’m looking for something that will give consistent groups, as I always seem to get several off shots in a group of 10.

Gary

" as I always seem to get several off shots in a group of 10. "

Fliers happen to us all Gary! How tight are the other 7 shots ?

Has anyone tried the JSB Exact Jumbo RS 22 cal pellets 13.4 gr in the above powered springers. I was wondering what the accuracy is. I’ve tried the JSB 15.89 gr pellets in all my springers and they won’t group. 

Gary

My RWS 34 is pretty accurate with the 14.5 gr Sig Venom domes. Reasonably priced and good quality. My RWS 34 shoots them @ 740-750 fps.

Wayne when I’m on and I have the trigger under control I can most of the times get 3 to 5 pellets into a hole the size of my little finger nail at thirty metres. But that’s where it ends the rest seem to scatter and I suspect they are mostly flyers and some from the poor trigger.

Wayne what power level is your 34 running at in joules?

Gary

Eliminating fliers is a pain in all shooting sports. I’ll think I have it solved by doing this or that and I will, until the next flier. 

I recently started shooting at targets with just one shot sometimes. I’ll post up a paper at 20-30 yards and use a sharpie (too cheap for targets) and put several circles up. The wife likes to see who has the most “bulls eyes”... it helps me get a different perspective I feel when I’m shooting.

Wayne when I’m on and I have the trigger under control I can most of the times get 3 to 5 pellets into a hole the size of my little finger nail at thirty metres. But that’s where it ends the rest seem to scatter and I suspect they are mostly flyers and some from the poor trigger.

Gary

My 34 comes out at 24.2 joules.

I was looking for a pellet for my 23 joule Lgv as i wasn’t getting the accuracy that I expected from this rifle.

I received the JSB Jumbo RS 22 cal 13.4 gr pellets today in the post. First up I tried these pellets in my 23 joule LGV. I didn’t clean any barrels, they grouped just as well as the H&N FTT Greens 9.56 gr but approx half an inch below the bull at 25 metres.

Next I tried my HW50S, it was shooting the 9.56 Greens also and the JSB’s grouped just as well but 2 inch’s below the bull at 25 metres. So far so good. Next I tried my HW77 which I shoot the H&N Baracuda Greens 12.65 gr. I couldn’t but pellet on paper with the JSB’s, I knew they were going high but I’ll have to try later as the weather was changing.

Last up my Benjamin Titan which shoot the H&N FTT 14.65 lead pellets. I had just found a new shooting style with my trigger finger for this rifle and am very very happy with the results. So in went the JSB’s. They also grouped respectfully and about a half an inch lower. 

I’m pretty happy with the results, one thing I noticed is that the JSB’s were a loose fit in all the barrels. Will I change from shooting the Greens in my HW50S and Hw77.......no. I will shoot the JSB’s in my Lgv as they seemed to group the same as the Greens and I won’t have that problem of having to re lead the barrel from time to time that I’ve noticed with this rifle. I’ll also stick to the lead FTT ‘s in my Titan.

I’ll post some groups when the rain and winds abate in a about a week.

Gary

Gary,

Do pellets seem to fit tight in your LGV? I have a .22 cal 16J LGV and it seems the breech is generally a tight fit. I haven't had my LGV for long. So, I haven't really been able to explore different pellet sizes. I've been using a marble to help me seat the pellets in the breech. That way I deform the pellets less while loading. I also haven't been able to do much shooting beyond 10m yet. So far, all I've been shooting is what I call junker pellets- pellets from dented tins and pellets that I just want to get rid of. After I get more familiar with this gun, I'll get more serious about pellet selection. Interestingly, Bisley Practice pellets did well at 10m even though the tin is severely dented, got shipped across the ocean in an unpadded envelope- you get the idea. They are a wadcutter; so I wouldn't expect them to also do as well at longer ranges but I haven't had a chance yet.

Mossonarock the JSB’s are a loose fit in my Lgv as they nearly just fall into the breach. The H&N FTT Greens 9.56 gr are a tight fit as so are the H&N FTT 14.65 lead pellets. The head size of the lead pellets are 5.53 and offer basically the same resistance as the Greens being pushed into the breach. Even though the JSB’s are looser they are just as accurate as the Greens and more so than the lead H&N’s.

Hope that helps.

Gary

Gary

Sometimes a gun is sensitive to pellet skirts that are not perfectly round. That is one of the things I have observed seems to always be a good idea. Dress the skirt on every pellet with something like the round end of a pelseat.

Here is a link to a post I made a long time ago.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-years-resolution-i-will-check-and-dress-my-pellet-skirts/

Gary

Sometimes a gun is sensitive to pellet skirts that are not perfectly round. That is one of the things I have observed seems to always be a good idea. Dress the skirt on every pellet with something like the round end of a pelseat.

Here is a link to a post I made a long time ago.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-years-resolution-i-will-check-and-dress-my-pellet-skirts/

Ive noticed that phenomenon as well, if I remember I’ll shoot that pellet into the ground but sometimes that can be expensive as most of the contents are deformed. 😏

Gary