150.45 grains of lead, 206 pounds of pork, and some cherry red apples!

Forums Hunting 150.45 grains of lead, 206 pounds of pork, and some cherry red apples!

• Views : 951
  • Link

Michael
    Keymaster
    Keymaster

bill_dd97Very nice outing. Are those average for Hawaii?

These are small to medium. The monsters dwell in isolated areas.

These mountain pigs don’t get as big as the ones you hear about in Ag country. My biggest pig to date was 170 pounds.

Link

wll2506
    Participant

Sorry Michael, but what velocity are you getting shooting the 50gr JSB’s.

Thanks,

wll2506

Link

cactusjack
    Participant

Wow. Nice shooting Mike. Ssooo, when is the BBQ? Good looking pigs. That should make for a lot of good eating. Thanks for sharing.

Link

T3PRanch
    Participant

Michael I hope you post some “after” photos too!

Thurmond

Link

Michael
    Keymaster
    Keymaster

“wll2506”Great shooting and very, very well placed shots.

What velocity were you shooting those 50 grainers at ? it looks like they made their way in pretty deep.

Nice shooting again ;-  )

wll2506

I did not check the velocity over the chronograph. I just zero’d my scope at 30 & checked for holdover from 15 to 50.

Link

Auronotcs
    Participant

I’m hoping to get some pigs later this year with my Bulldog. It’s a species I’ve not yet hunted, but southern AR has a ton so shouldn’t be too hard. That and skinning and putting up a hog when its literally 100F+ outside would not be fun. 

Link

Michael
    Keymaster
    Keymaster

“Auronotcs”I’m hoping to get some pigs later this year with my Bulldog. It’s a species I’ve not yet hunted, but southern AR has a ton so shouldn’t be too hard. That and skinning and putting up a hog when its literally 100F+ outside would not be fun. 

It takes a special kind of person to field dress a hog. To be completely honest, I did not sleep well after skinning my first hog. Lucky I have a have a friend who doesn’t mind at all.

Link

plinker
    Participant

“Michael”
It takes a special kind of person to field dress a hog. To be completely honest, I did not sleep well after skinning my first hog. Lucky I have a have a friend who doesn’t mind at all.

I don’t always field dress my own hogs, but when I do I prefer dos gloves. Stay hungry my friend. Haha. 

View post on imgur.com

Link

Gunnertrones
    Participant

INCREDIBLE! Awesome photoes! 
    Pm as asked for. 

Link

TrapdorSpydr
    Participant

Very nice post Michael. You must have an extra freezer just for all the pig hunt rewards.

Link

airborne
    Participant

Mike, You look great in that photo, you will be talking about that hunt for some time., Congratulations!!!!

Link

Jeffhalfrack
    Participant

I just read this post,,,,,,and out of nowhere ,,,,I let out this serial killer chuckle I never knew I can do,,,nice JeffW

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.