150.45 grains of lead, 206 pounds of pork, and some cherry red apples!

Michael

Administrator
Staff member
After my last hog hunt one of you recommended I take a more "traditional" picture. So, just in case the situation presented itself I picked up a bag of apples. The forest is dense so I opted for a light weight, compact, hard hitting PCP (FX Impact .30 cal barrel, Hawke Frontier 2.5-15x50 scope, 50g JSB pellets).

I hiked around to a few of my favorite spots but the winds were shifty & I didn't see any promising signs. The weather has been on the fritz since a tropical storm just passed so there was a bit of rain here & there. I found myself a nice cozy spot at the base of an ironwood tree. I sat in silence listening to the forest for quite a while and then I heard it... a rumble... a rumble in my stomach that is! So I grabbed one of the apples out of my pack and enjoyed every crispy bite. To my surprise less than 15 minutes later a trio of feral pigs came sniffing around (must've been the apples).

In the first shot the pig had his head down so I went for the frontal lobe. He dropped to the ground and flopped around for a bit while the other two scattered.

I decided to sit motionless for another 30 minutes to see if the others would return. And sure enough, 20 minutes later the remaining two came back for a taste of JSB. I shot the second pig broadside half-way between the eye & the ear. It dropped instantly. 

The 3rd pig spun around stunned, and just starred in my direction. It took all of 5 seconds for me to get another pellet in the chamber and the illuminated TMX cross hairs on his temple. The rest in history.

All pigs were taken on private property from the same location between 30-35 yards.

This is by far my favorite hunting rifle! Thanks FX

And the trophy shot

*Gunnertrones was the user that suggested a traditional apple picture. I do believe that he deserves some credit for this haul. Please PM me your shipping address so I can send you some AGN SWAG*