15.5 177 Nielsen slugs

You just sold some Nielsen slugs for my new BSA Ultra/Scorpion hybrid.177.

Parts to make pistol or carbine. What to do? I’m no stock maker. 

I think the correctly sized lightweight slug you’re writing of will be mind blowing out of this rig. It’s only limited by what fits in single shot loading port and twist but the power is there if needed. 

I do not see the same with pellets. There is a break point where BC begins to decrease as velocity increases too much above 900.

I have not pushed slugs fast enough to see a decrease in BC.

I see it every time I use my LabRadar, the drop usually happens after 50-75y. I only trust the results with my .30 though, the results from small .22 slugs can be a little squirrels past 50y with it. An example would be shooting 50gr at 920fps, BC will start off at 0.072 out to 50y and then drop down to 0.06 at 100y.

I do not see the same with pellets. There is a break point where BC begins to decrease as velocity increases too much above 900.

I have not pushed slugs fast enough to see a decrease in BC.

I see it every time I use my LabRadar, the drop usually happens after 50-75y. I only trust the results with my .30 though, the results from small .22 slugs can be a little squirrels past 50y with it. An example would be shooting 50gr at 920fps, BC will start off at 0.072 out to 50y and then drop down to 0.06 at 100y.

What I was attempting to say is as I increase muzzle velocity I see the BC increase with slugs. I have not yet seen the plateau in BC as I increase speed. Of course I also see the BC drop as speed decreases with slugs.

@jwilson - ahh got it! Yes, that definitely makes sense - increasing speed can increase BC.

What I would add to that is higher BC doesn't mean higher accuracy, especially subsonic in transonic ranges. Finding the max speed for max accuracy has thus far been a simple process for me, but I'm always doing so with the rather extreme effects of wind drift when I shoot outdoors. Velocities greater than that max velocity = greater drift, it took me a while to grok that shooting slower (in the wind) in most cases equals far greater accuracy (and consistency).