140+ FPE 9mm Impact; who’s in?

I wonder what that would do to a pigeon. ;-)

Can someone explain me how they can make an 140fpe Impact and in the same time unable to make a liner for .30? 

Fx begin to tired me with this commercial strategy.... some owner wait for more than a year for a liner

I don't said Fx make bad rifles. i don't said they don't must make other models, But a bit of respect for people who paid 2000€ a rifle can be a good thing. 

i believe we are the pigeon.......

Nailed it. You see, its all fine when FX announces something and takes a year or longer to SLOWLY bring product to the market, but if anyone else does, they're shamed, criticized, thrown under the bus, taken down a peg, and generally are never forgiven for such practices...while FX is more times than not praised for such practices. The double standards some have are strong.

The 'add-on' frenzy that will come with these modular systems are cash grabs. There will be much more to come, so if you fancy your money, just wait it all out...IMO. The timeline from the FX impact X release to the FX Impact MKll was less than 1 year...you basically got played if you bought an Impact X...because I bet the bank they aren't upgrading parts for free, let alone at a reasonable cost.

-Matt

I agree or we can boycott, because if someone act like this effectivly he risk to have big problem...

When you drive a Porsche or Ferrari, do you accept that the garage is no longer oil during the revision? can be a week without problems. But after? I have an Impact, I had a Boss. A crown. A wildcat. A cyclone. But I'm pretty sure I'll stop there !! I bought a stx .30 to shoot slugs. Did you see the color? and now we come out a new model that is the same with a canon .35 while the others are not even finished! Who are you laughing at? I have nothing against coming out of new models. Improvements, I have nothing against paying 2000 euros a rifle is a choice, but I want the service that goes with it. Remember, it's the customers who make a mark. And they must be laughing. I like novelty and technological progress. I'm happy if Fx makes money. But not to my detriment. We tolerate the intolerable coming from a so-called big brand

I don’t own an Impact yet but I will. I’m glad upgrades are being made. Why rest on your laurels? 

Now you have Ernest pushing the envelope. You can’t make everyone happy though, that’s certain. Especially your competition
1f601.svg
Haters will do what they do best.

Well said!

This is fun! can I play too?

1- I think on FX there is a PRE Ernest and Post Ernest time...time will tell (meaning lots of improvements on quality)

2- FX strategy of announcing things that are not ready to market or not tested enough is "polemic" for sure but as for the strategy/comercial point of view is not bad at all. For sure will it disappoint some, is understandable. Hope they do not dish some projects, but from the manufacturer point of view is a good problem to have,

3- The car analogy like it better thinking on F1, or Nascar, or something like that...where do you get a car like that...no where, you need to tune it. If you want a Ferrari , go for Daystate!, But I totally understand the disappointment

4- For me, the impact is not a US$2.000 AG, for me is a $4.000 AG, BUT, if you consider the modularity and all the things you get with US$4.000 we are talking of about 6 Different airguns in just 1!! (0.177, 0.22, 0.25, 0.30, Slug liner 0.22, SlugLiner 0.25 as today) and tomorrow will add 0.375 (so basically 4000/6= 666 jajaja the devil!) donno less than US$700 for each, considering the features and accuracy, for me that is a freaking cheap gun ;) 

5- Customer service and tech service: how many can reach the head tech engineer in other brands? Several of us had spoken with ER, service always answer emails and send spare parts or what you need (if available) 

6- Info available, I have learn EVERYTHING I know on the impact, just looking over this forum (great people around here!, and the reason I post now, giving back) and over the net..plenty of info...including the bad things. That is something that I can not say of other brands (at least when I start searching in order to decide if I buy an FX Impact). And post sale info, great too. Ernest also help me a lot with his videos and via email.

Anyway, regarding the 0.357 impact...nice to have, but better than that is the power that the impact mk2 can develop in all calibers, like it a lot, I am already in the waiting list.

I'm going to take a pass for a few reasons - mind you, These are my personal opinions and obvservations. 

First, I wasn't impressed with the build quality of the X - it felt "rushed" through production, I'm not sure that anything would be different with their new models. The annodization was less than I expected for a $2K (base) airgun, but I'm sure that others are equal to or less than the X. 

The support was hit or miss, although talking with ER was great. It did take a while for me to connect with him though. The success rates in getting through to support was unpredictable (email and phone, I'd connect 25% of the time with someone and get a response).

The design of the X to me, was a little too fragile in areas that scared me away from taking it hunting in mountainous terrain (or the woods). There are several weak design areas that just turned me off. 

Marketing - ouch! The marketing hype bit me, thankfully the wound healed. FX doesn't seem to sponsor honest, forthcoming airgunners as much as the misleading types. The website was also very poor up until their recent facelift, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done (missing / inconsistent details). I was also told in an email to follow their Facebook for updates on the power tuning kit - I would sooner burn in hell than so much as visit FB.

For me, and for these reasons - I'll pass. To each their own though.

I was going to buy a Streamline but they disappeared from the stores.

I was then going to buy a Dreamline but after a few months of waiting with none available I gave that up.

I liked the wildcat but it didn't look especially left hand friendly. Same with a lot of other air guns. For something that costs over $1000 I'm not too interested in "Settling" for a right hand gun. (The reviewers could do a much better job if they stated if a gun is left hand friendly) In this age of CNC machining mirror image parts are not difficult to make. It can't be that difficult to design a cocking lever that can be changed from one side of a gun to the other. Or make the magazine stick out on either side.

I bought a Vulcan 2 from Talon Tunes. (great service there by the way) I doubt I'll ever consider FX again.

If I was to buy a big bore gun I would want to cast bullets for it. It doesn't seem likely FX is going to ship any slug barrels in the near future for it based on their past record.

I'm not a "Hater" of FX, they just don't supply what I'm looking for. There does however seem to be a lot of people looking for help fixing their Impacts. Possibly because they "Tinker" with them without the proper knowledge. Or maybe they are trouble prone. Maybe there is a very large number of them? Just sayin'. I don't personally mind working on things but the left hand thing kept me from purchasing one.

I'm a Kalibrgun guy. Always hated the guns with that "Paint ball gun bottle" looking thing sticking out there. All brands, all makes. 

Smooth twist barrels I don't want either. Pellet gun only! No slugs, no way for me. I don't care to shoot pellets very often anymore. Very limited use for me. 

Never thought much of FX guns. But, the quick barrel swap, external reg. adjustment, gauges, BIG power, with a rifled barrel liner might make that paint ball gun look a bit better to me. 😃 

Nice to see these type of improvements in the industry. But, I can see how some are feeling they got the "old" model now, or where's the barrel you advertised. That's just how it is in an industry that is in a state of fast paced advancements like the PCP air guns are currently in.

Hook buyers on a "future" product and they won't buy the competitions product that's readily available today. Then hope production can keep up.

I do share your interest in this powerful gun though, bottle and all. 

Nick Nielsen can get a Bulldog shooting at that level of precision. I doubt the majority of us can. Very impressive though. 

I like the idea of shooting an 81.02gr JSB at 140 FPE. Switching to .22 and shooting the 25.39 RD Monsters at 60 FPE. Throwing on the .25 barrel & probe and shooting the 33.95 grainers at 70 FPE. What the hell, let’s now shoot the 44.75 grain .30 JSBs at 90 FPE. Of course someone will blast negativity towards it but for me, that dog will hunt baby! Again, I don't have an Impact yet but the MK2 is coming into this family soon. 

I’m a pellet shooter myself. I like my suppressed Tikka T1X or Ruger 10/22 for chunking small bore slugs. 

Nick Nielsen can get a Bulldog shooting at that level precision. I doubt the majority of us can. Very impressive though. 

I like the idea of shooting an 81.02gr JSB at 140 FPE. Switching to .22 and shooting the 25.39 RD Monsters at 60 FPE. Throwing on the .25 barrel and shooting the 33.95 grainers at 70 FPE. What the hell, let’s now shoot the 44.75 grain .30 JSBs at 90 FPE. Of course someone will blast negativity towards it but for me, that dog will hunt baby!

I’m a pellet shooter myself. I like my suppressed Tikka T1X or Ruger 10/22 for chunking small bore slugs.

I have been testing a slug recently (nsa 23gn 0.22 on slug liner 600mm) not very impressed, pellets are far more accurate and efficient at the moment (need to test more slugs tho just starting) on Slugs I get sub 2 MOA, on pellets I get Sub MOA, on normal conditions. 

@mag_de_mars nice group! thanks for sharing that video

Nick Nielsen can get a Bulldog shooting at that level of precision. I doubt the majority of us can. Very impressive though. 

I like the idea of shooting an 81.02gr JSB at 140 FPE. Switching to .22 and shooting the 25.39 RD Monsters at 60 FPE. Throwing on the .25 barrel & probe and shooting the 33.95 grainers at 70 FPE. What the hell, let’s now shoot the 44.75 grain .30 JSBs at 90 FPE. Of course someone will blast negativity towards it but for me, that dog will hunt baby! Again, I don't have an Impact yet but the MK2 is coming into this family soon. 

you're right and i agree on most of your advice, the real problem is that they do not finish what they start.

I have shot a lot of 200 lb varmits 2 legged and four legged with the 38 bore, I would rather use slugs, for that and being on a budget the Bulldog can’t be beat. Having said that man the FX is an attractive gun, but I see Bulldog shooters approach an inch at 100 yards with slugs on the GTA. However, for long range the diablo projectile will always work against you with its built in drag, which slugs do not have, but for pesting on birds and rodents, I would think it would do well, But not if my life was on the line.

After 51 elk I would not hesitate to take # 52 if I was hungry enough with a Bulldog and either shafts or the 358429, but never with a pellet gun, something that beautiful little FX shooting pellets will never do, for me the Bulldog is far more versatile, it shoots as hard as my old service revolver did and shoots pellets reasonably well.

Roachcreek

Now I wonder, is a stock Bulldog you are showing in the video or a Mod Bulldog?

FX Is just starting with Slugs, I do hate too that the promise of Slug Liners is coming ... getting old ... so far I can say that in accuracy, the FX is one of the best on pellets, but definitely not with slugs. With this new release and power increase things might change...will see

I have shot a lot of 200 lb varmits 2 legged and four legged with the 38 bore, I would rather use slugs, for that and being on a budget the Bulldog can’t be beat. Having said that man the FX is an attractive gun, but I see Bulldog shooters approach an inch at 100 yards with slugs on the GTA. However, for long range the diablo projectile will always work against you with its built in drag, which slugs do not have, but for pesting on birds and rodents, I would think it would do well, But not if my life was on the line.

After 51 elk I would not hesitate to take # 52 if I was hungry enough with a Bulldog and either shafts or the 358429, but never with a pellet gun, something that beautiful little FX shooting pellets will never do, for me the Bulldog is far more versatile, it shoots as hard as my old service revolver did and shoots pellets reasonably well.

Roachcreek

A 140 FPE diabolo pellet to the brain pan will most certainly end the life of the majority of even large game. As you said, "if I was hungry enough"; I would not recommend doing this on an Elk but if I was in a dire situation, I'd be willing and very successful in humanely dispatching just about any available quarry with a diabolo pellet. It's just reality. 

The reality is that elk whereI live do not stand still long enough for a brain pan shot. Most of the time they are running through thick brush and if you can’t take a off hand snap shot your really having a walk in the woods carrying a rifle.

My only intended head shot on an elk was at 175 yards on a lead cow who stepped out of the Mahoney to search for predators to protect her herd, the rifle was a accurate Remington Sendero and I was able to go prone in deep dense snow with the rifle muzzle hanging out in space acrossed that snowy scene.

It was just above my house and I was intimate with every aspect of that shot and the environment. Body shots to the shoulder are always the best choice, using a rifle with a ptojectile that is not flat shooting and choosing a headshot is a fools errand and the game animal deserves better than a slow death of starvation from a broken jaw.

Now realize that the proposed shot with a Bulldog and a deep penetrating projectile with a shooter taking a shot from ambush in an area that he is intimate with, knowing where the animal will make his death run, and only taking that shot if the animal stands still in the only position that will work.

These are not squirrels in a pasture. And only a very experience hunter should attempt such an adventure and only under dire circumstances, which at the present time do not exist, just saying it can be done with a hot rodded Bulldog and not with a pellet shooter. This projectile was used to give the 38 special more power before the advent of the 357 mag and its effectiveness on game was well known.

Roachcreek

I have to redact the statement that it was my only intended headshot on an elk. The other event was on a cow that had totaled my Nissan pickup. She had both a broken shoulder and hip and was trashing in the borrow pit, it was midnight and zero degrees, I drew my GLOCK 23 did two fast rib shots which stunned her enough for me to brain her, we used to call that a Mozambique drill.

The story in the last post was after helping 4 or 5 hunters get their bulls and they left after their seasons and the wife and our three kids had no winters meat, it was in the twilight of the evening and if she would have been shoulder shot she would have run down hill in thigh deep snow and died. Elk spoil quickly if not dressed out, even in cold weather, so in the dark, I had to gut and quickly skin her legs and torso, then quarter her to allow her to cool over night and gather her with my Polaris and sled in the morning, but I considered that dire circumstances and did the head shot, I was alone, it was dangerous sub zero weather and we needed the meat badly, I got back to the house at 10PM exhausted to a worried family and was daxxed glad to be home.

Roachcreek