109 yd head shot with thermal ,Raccoon Down -Titus in his Glory

Last night I was woken up by a pack of raccoons I scared them off , on deck , 2 ran across pond , One started to walk back I grabbed tiapan with thermal < I saw him walking where my steel spinner is , I knew it was exactly 109 yards , so I took a breath and held over and shot , Perfect head shot it fell over , So I was skinning him when , Colleen and titus came home she had blood on her I ran over she said I am ok , A guy hit a deer and she asked police if she can have it he said sure as long as u can get it in truck by herself , she said she tried 2 times and could not life it so she got him in head lock and sat on bed of truck and pulled deer over her onto truck , lol

here is aftermath of titus dragging the deer in back yard to skin it , and him ready to help me skin the raccoon

LOU

0926200901a.1601142022.jpg
0926200901.1601142021.jpg

0925201203a.1601142097.jpg

That’s some awesome shooting. Sure does pay to know your distances in and around your yard.

In my opinion, your girl is a keeper. I just can’t picture my wife pulling a fresh roadkill kangaroo into her car. Then again, we aren’t allowed to. Laws here state that you must not take it, but instead let it rot on the side of the road. Sure would feed the cat for a while if I could.

yea wife is great she will help skin but wont clean animals , also her dad used to be a trapper , so she taught me how to like put pelts on wood and how to preserve them , she will eat squirrels but she made a look with raccoon lol , I never had one but I saw a you tube movie of a family making one for xmas and said Ill try it lol did any of you guys ever eat a raccoon ?

LOU

yes flint , I practice alot at different ranges and angles so it becomes almost instinct , The thermal does have a ballistic program which also adjusts for distance and all conditions , I personally do not use it , I know BC and speed of my guns and ammo and I dail or hold with all my optics ,

but with a regular crosshair it is alot more difficult with no marks , When I practice with thermal on any of my pcp guns I zero at 50 yds and I do shoot targets from 10 to 200 yds and after thousands of rounds down range , it is almost like your brain draws grids for distances ,

My biggest problem with thermal hunting is trying to find my game afterwards , Like with a thermal it is difficult to judge where you shot your prey , I mean to find it not where slug or pellet hit

LOU