10,000 shots later....

and I'm still in love! I got my Royale along with the necessary firearms license (I know right) about 10 Months ago. In that time I've put just over 10k pellets down the pipe and it's still shooting excellent. I've inspected the hammer and valvepin recently and only the slightest amount of wear on both, the only o-rings I've changed is the outer regulator o-rings when I had it in and out so many times dialing it in. 

In that time it's shot many sub-MOA groups at 100m, killed rats and squirrels and I've shot a fair bit inside too with the power turned way down. The madness continued when I bought a CF tank for it, EDMU from EdgunWest and a grade 2 walnut stock, madness turned into insanity shortly after and I bought all the pellet probe/cocking lever parts from FXUSA for a .22 Royale and found a .22 ST barrel at our dealer in the clearance section for 60$ US. So now its a really pretty multicaliber, multi stock killer capable of 45FPE in .22 (20 inch barrel) and 60+ in .25. I have a 24 inch .22 LW unchoked poly barrel I've been waiting for forever that's still coming, should be another Month or two then I'll get that machined to fit a barrel inlet I have and the Royale action.

When I was shopping around I wanted .25 cal and good power, accuracy and reliability. I strongly considered the AA S510 but it being unregulated and a bit anemic in .25 for my liking it got scratched off. Considered some Daystates as well but the cut of their stock doesn't do it for me although that new Red Wolf in Walnut seems to be amazing and I could see myself owning one of those one day or an Edgun if we can get something Canada specific that doesn't have a removable stock in bullpup.

So when it seems like I'm always tooting FX's horn I'm sorry, I've just had a great experience so far and I don't want to detract from other manufacturers that put out amazing products as well.

Here's to another 10k!

"mr.grimm"What did you do to get 45 FPE out of .22 cal. I have a .22 cal Gladiator and would like to get more power out of it for the JSB redesigned monster pellets. I have a 19.5" barrel and currently get 35 FPE.
It being the .25 high power model (Royale 500) has the hammer weight and bigger valve and seat combined with the reg being set to 150 (same setting as I use in .25) I just cracked 45fpe with the 30gr Piledrivers, but with the 25.4 jumbo's I get about 43.5 but they don't shoot stable for me yet. This is the redesigned ones too, they spiral but haven't tinkered much with speed at the range. I think those REALLY need to be moving to be stable, from what I've seen anyways.

And Likkity it came regulated from the factory, but I've adjusted it several times. Only takes a few minutes round trip to take it out adjust it and reinstall it.