100 yds for $500 bucks is it possible ??

While there are unlimited videos and reviews about the 1-2k rifles shooting long range targets and making long shots while hunting 

not everyone has the extra coin laying around to get in the long range game with those guns

that said if u wanted to shoot or hunt out to 100 yds but only had $500 to work with (xcluding scope) 

what rifles would u be looking at that could make it happen. ?? Granted long range airgunning takes practice and 

the time to get the rifle set up to be the best it can be and dial in the scope to make those longer shots 

so the question would be is it possible ?? 

100 yds for $500 bucks

Lets hear about what u would choose and why 

pcpfan37

My 25 cal Maruder produced less than 2 inch groups consistently at 100 yards with JSB 25.4 gr. pellets (asuming the right wind conditions). Most of them were at 1 1/2 inch. It's performance rivalved that of my Daystate Airwolf which cost almost five times as much. The Airwolf's advantage was a much better trigger and greatly improved shot count. With the Marauder you can expect 16 full power shots from a fill at the factory settings. The trigger while not as fine as that of the Airwolf is perfectly manageable otherwisde one would not produce such results at 100 yards.

Easily. Especially if buying used. Heck my Discoveries & regulated Rainstorm are good enough. Benched I can take caps off water bottles at 100 yards with .22 Rainstorm. Total $500 with scope, Altaros reg, 3 mags, shipped from Dan Yacovelli. If I bought new it'd be a regulated Gauntlet & add a LW barrel machined. $299 + $120+ (for me $15.00 total $434 + shipping & throw on a scope from another. Kept it under $500. My .177 tuned RWS 48 might be able to keep a decent 100 yard group with no wind in morning or late at night with the floods on.

This question is more loaded than you think. I have had some cheap air rifles which would shoot the lights out, but they were not typical in their accuracy. If I were to suggest one of those air guns, it would come down to the luck of the draw (Examples .22 Benjamin Maximus, .22 Benjamin Trail NP2). As the price goes down, inconsistency tends to get worse (i.e. one guy gets an awesome air gun, the next guy gets a good one, and another gets a so-so air gun).

So if I can re-frame your question: What product under 500 gets consistent good reports on accuracy, with only a few outliers which offer less than stellar performance.

Assuming you know about the AGNATION 25 percent Crosman discount, and their free shipping Fridays, I would suggest a .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder. Most can be tuned to shoot rather accurately. The Marauder has the secondary advantage of growing with you. You can upgrade valves/hammers/hammer springs/transfer ports, regulator, etc..... And the upgrades significantly improve the shooting experience with more power, and more shots per fill. An upgraded .25 Marauder frequently gives 40 shots at 40 FPE, but that is more coin (at a future date) which you can toss in later to achieve this. 

Reactions: Bezerker
My 2 year old .22 Puncher Breaker has been Incredibly accurate and trouble free. I did install an upgraded cocking lever. The factory lever was fine,just wanted a higher quality piece.
1537661739_1706146405ba6db2baf70b8.29042326_20180531_113304.jpg
1537661741_8686119115ba6db2d2a78c4.61732997_20180318_170946.jpg
12 shots at 50 yds. (Entire magazine) using JSB 18.1's. I've since removed the shroud/barrel band and just use the Donny fl Tatsu..VERY quiet and just as accurate

Mike.

there is no way you would really want to use a .177 for hunting past 50 yards. it really is a 25 yard rifle due to the low energy past that. even if i could put every round into 1/4 inch hole at 100 yards i would not use it for hunting. what if your game moved between the time you squeezed the trigger, and the time it arrive on target. at best a clean miss, otherwise wounded game. not what any hunter wants to have happen.