• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events 100 Yard BR National Championship?

Is it too early in the genesis of 100Y BR competitions to bring this up? I think we all have the opportunity to make a National Championship meaningful, and define the "wickets" that the shooters must meet in order to shoot in it. 

Since there are currently what I would consider three "major" 100 Yard BR events throughout the year, RMAC, PAC and EBR, your finish in those could qualify you for entry into the National 100Y BR championships. My initial thoughts are that you use the past year of those three events, and if you finish top 10 in Pro or top 3 in Sportsman in any of those events for the past year, you have qualified for the National Championship event. It could be held in sometime in the Spring prior to the RMAC, and the past year's performance in the 3 majors would be used for entry.

Just brainstorming it for now, but its something we all might eventually want to do... FT has a National Championship, 25M BR has a National Championship, why not 100Y BR? Thoughts?

I think that it's great idea the first thing that comes to my mind is where would you hold the event? I would offer Pioneer Gun Club located South East of Kansas City, MO dang near the smack dab the middle of the country and we have hosted a number of National events in the past still host the Cast Bullet National Championships every year plus several large pistol events every year. We have 30 firing points on the 100 - 200 yard line is that enough benches? One warning though that Spring weather can be very rough out here in the Midwest and would offer that early Fall the weather is usually more consistent. 

RB

I think that it's great idea the first thing that comes to my mind is where would you hold the event? I would offer Pioneer Gun Club located South East of Kansas City, MO dang near the smack dab the middle of the country and we have hosted a number of National events in the past still host the Cast Bullet National Championships every year plus several large pistol events every year. We have 30 firing points on the 100 - 200 yard line is that enough benches? One warning though that Spring weather can be very rough out here in the Midwest and would offer that early Fall the weather is usually more consistent. 

RB

tornado ally?

My take on the whole thing would be this. (Go easy on me kind of new).

What about the range in Wright City Missouri. It has 60 concrete bench's on the 100 yd range. The ARA rimfire nationals have been held there for years. That would be truly centrally located.

My thoughts on the contender list would be this. Only allowing top tier shooters to compete would kind of limit the crowd. Say you have only 50 that qualify. A bet this limit some of the bigger name sponsors from attending. They are looking at drawing large masses.

If you make it like a three day event with those top people already in the final round and allow the top shooter from the previous days in also I think then you could attract a larger crowd for and event. As for a stand alone nationals I think it would be hit or miss if you could gather enough interest.

Just my half cent opinion.

I like the idea of keeping it central U.S., Wright city sounds like a perfect facility, but why limit it to just competitors that only qualify from big unsanctioned events? I mean there really is no qualifications you have to meet to shoot in these big retailers/manufacturers events! Open it up to everyone, I believe if you want only top 10 (or whatever number you choose) to qualify then lets set up some classes such as light varmint 10.5lbs up to 50ftlbs, heavy varmint 20lbs up to 75ftlbs? just a thought? Also for the USARB National’s there was no pre qualification standards you had to meet to compete 

Agreed Wright city is a good location.

As for qualifications for a 100 yard National, I'm thinking it would need to be the top 60 point scorers from the three events (MAC, PAC and EBR).

I’ve rethought the qualifications and top 60 isn’t enough, It would need to be at least top 90.

If it were only top 60 there really wouldn’t much shooting, certainly not enough to fill 3 days.