100 Yard BR National Championship?

Forums Benchrest BR Events 100 Yard BR National Championship?

• Views : 221
  • Link

Centercut
    Participant

Is it too early in the genesis of 100Y BR competitions to bring this up? I think we all have the opportunity to make a National Championship meaningful, and define the "wickets" that the shooters must meet in order to shoot in it. 

Since there are currently what I would consider three "major" 100 Yard BR events throughout the year, RMAC, PAC and EBR, your finish in those could qualify you for entry into the National 100Y BR championships. My initial thoughts are that you use the past year of those three events, and if you finish top 10 in Pro or top 3 in Sportsman in any of those events for the past year, you have qualified for the National Championship event. It could be held in sometime in the Spring prior to the RMAC, and the past year's performance in the 3 majors would be used for entry.

Just brainstorming it for now, but its something we all might eventually want to do… FT has a National Championship, 25M BR has a National Championship, why not 100Y BR? Thoughts?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Centercut.
    Link

Ssbn617b
    Participant

Why not the same parameters as field target and bench-rest?  

Link

Centercut
    Participant

Which parameters? I'm not familiar, please explain.  Thanks…

Mike (SSN-677, SSBN-655B) RC Div

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Centercut.
    Link

Ssbn617b
    Participant

What are the qualifications needed to enter the nationals? Perhaps someone who competed can educate us.

Mitch

Link

Scotchmo
    Participant

Ssbn617b

Why not the same parameters as field target and bench-rest?  

Currently, in USA AAFTA rifle Field Target, the Nationals is limited to about 120 competitors. But participation levels are such that qualification rounds are not needed. At least not yet.

Link

Ssbn617b
    Participant

Another thought is all competitions have to be under the same ruling body.

I like the idea and hope it blooms more events around the country. 
    Mitch ( A Gang)

Link

brink
    Participant

I think that it's great idea the first thing that comes to my mind is where would you hold the event? I would offer Pioneer Gun Club located South East of Kansas City, MO dang near the smack dab  the middle of the country and we have hosted a number of National events in the past still host the Cast Bullet National Championships every year plus several large pistol events every year. We have 30 firing points on the 100 – 200 yard line is that enough benches? One warning though that Spring weather can be very rough out here in the Midwest and would offer that early Fall the weather is usually more consistent. 

RB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.