100 yard .25 cal. Slug groups in calm air and in a mild wind with a stock PCP.

Group #1 is what this stock Cricket .25 cal. BP will shoot all day long with this custom slug in a close to no wind condition at 100 yards. (.550 - .900" ) 

The above statement is no accident I worked very hard and spent big $$$ on slug making equipment for this gun to do that consistently.

If you don't believe and want to see back to back groups under .900" PM me. I"ll give you my address and YOU can come to my house and shoot the the groups. 

Group #2 is after the wind started to increase with a slightly gusty feeling. No meter. But the 2 or the wives wind chimes were talking. 

Group # 3 and #4 is after the wind increased a little more. Both seemed about the same. All 3 wind chimes going and a wind spinning thing.

Clearly I have no wind gauge. But, from an offshore salt water fisherman's guess, I'd say maybe 4 - 5 kt. max. wind. 

The groups were just to see how far a 30.5gr. slug sent at stock PCP velocity's (872 FPS) would drift and open up.

I have over 21,000 pellets through this gun. I KNOW FOR FACT JSB's would have been all over the place in my gun in that wind. 3" I'd guess. 

1557532892_16263515165cd610dc4d3536.60355225_100Yards4grpWind.jpg

A while back Giles Barry (AirGunGearShow) opened up a video by shooting from a seated position with table rest, knocking down "tins" at 100 yards. He was absolutely tickled about it, and at sub-12 ft lbs who can blame him? Of course, it was a rare, calm-and-sunny day in the Land of John Bull but Giles was diggin' on that long-range accuracy!

Now you show us MOT ("Minute of Tin") accuracy in four groups shot in progressively increasing wind conditions! And you are only one of an increasing number of air gunners demonstrating this kind of performance out of modern PCPs and slugs. Particular kudos to you for manufacturing your own slugs to such a high degree of accuracy.

The whole air gun landscape isn't just advancing incrementally, it's undergoing radical metamorphosis as new standards of accuracy, precision, energy delivery, and ergonomics are all being delivered at every level. Durability is still to be proven, especially in the technologies that are pushing the envelope in so many ways right now (electronics, semi-auto actions, advanced regulators, new alloys and manufacturing tolerances...), but so many platforms coming out are based on proven guns of the past that I'm very optimistic in this as well. 

The line between firearm performance and high-end (for now) PCP performance is narrowing and blurring. I'll stick with the diabolo pellets, low-power/high shot count air guns, and cheap glass only because it suits my needs and interests. But it's starting to feel like I'm George Baily, waving to my brother and friends as they leave on the train to adventures unknown and a much wider world while I stay behind in Bedford Falls.

Thanks for complements. 

I just wanted to share with everyone some of the things about slugs I've been doing. 

OK I am coming over I don't believe you ,

What type of slug is it ? swag or cast ? what is bc sd and so you using a 30 gr slug? hmm

I got yard work tomorrow, stop by. Wind could be favorable and weed eater conditions should be GOOD! On a serious note. 

Corbin swag dies. Lots of custom stuff for me. Only 30 miles from my house. The shop foreman John & Dave the owner both know my name. (My full name) When I show up I'm sure for them it's "Oh poop", it's that wingnut that's looking for perfection in accuracy and HP expansion a .25 cal. air gun at 200 yards. Yup. That's me......

1557542950_16010035055cd63826ab2e29.20526651_IMG_6182.JPG

The one on the left is the 30.5gr. at stock PCP power it's very deadly. 

The one on the right is what I'm having more fun working to perfect now. 75 FPE .25 cal. 

That's a hole different thing........

Nice groups! It sounds like you make the slugs yourself... I see it's a 30.5gr, what ogive and base do they have? Do you have a picture of one? Love to see what you're shooting.

Stoti

Stoti - Here's a better photo for you. It's a 2-S HP. I have 4 different bases, and several sizes of HP point. This one works like I wanted. 

1557586215_15751457215cd6e127922229.39302620_30_5gr_Slugs.jpg

Great shooting,

Is your cricket stock cricket or you did some modifacitions?

Jean - No Mod's. 

Wow! This is great! Have you figured out the BC on these yet? Single shot feeding? Mag fed?

davidsng & others - The BC is probably similar to a 31gr. Rat Sniper slug. I really don't know.

Mag. feed, but I do close the bolt very slow. I like to feel the slug seat. 

Hope that helps some of the questions.