100+ Shots from my AA S510 Xtra - I'm on to something here...

"Cricket"
"Dhc8guru"I would love to get more shots and have a consistent shot string but I am not sure I want to go through the cost and trouble.
Once I read I would have to drill into the air tube, I punched out. Also losing the air gage was a deal breaker.
if you buy an altaros regulator you don't have to drill a hole, and if you have a crono then all you need to do is pump the gun to the desired bar, say 200 bar. Then shoot a string, repeat. Now you know exactly how many shots per fill you get from a 200 bar fill and you can synch this with you magazines. Say for example you get 100 shots and you have 5 magazines with 10 shots each (don't know the air arms magazines, this is just an example). Then you just empty the magazines, reload and once you have emptied them again it is time to fill your gun! 

Just make sure to fill your gun after every shooting occasion so as to be able to use this method over and over again.

///Cricket
That's exactly what I do. It's a way of knowing how many shots you have left, but still...It's rediculous that these rifles aren't being regulated at the factory.

"Matt_Dubber"
"Michael"Thats pretty neat. I'd say you got about 90 shots on the reg. With an average of about 845?
Yes that's correct. I would have liked it to shoot a little hotter than that, but I'm happy to lose a little power if it's doubling my shot count.
I am doing the same here. Ive shorten the spring to about 54 mm with original valve spring and reg set at 130. I also install a lighter hammer from Robert Lane and my gun now produces 70 shots averaging 860 from 235 bar fill. I also tried a 120 reg pressure and doesnt work out for me. It happens to be a bit low powered and makes it inefficient.
What robert lane suggest me is to use a shorter stronger spring but have not managed to source one.

A very good article and I can understand most of it even though I don't own one yet. But I'm going to buy a PCP pretty soon I love the more traditional look of the AA, have a TX200, over the FX bottle rifles. I'm curious as to the fact that the AA doesn't have an adjustment for the hammer spring where the FX Crown has both adjustments. At our local club we shoot 25 and 50m and would like to be able to shoot each range without a re-fill. I'm leaning towards the AA because I'm too old to even think about national matches I just want to be out shoot our local guys with the FX's.

Great info.

It shows lack of interest of Air Arms in improving their rifles.

This you find should had been found by Air Arms and they would had to made the improvement.

It isn`t Air Arms alone that doesn`t listen...its the entire british industry in just about every branch. Its the british mindset that prevents them for moving on. They "cawn`t"...

Reactions: gendoc