• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

10 Meter Standing And Kneeling Postal Match ** Week 7 **

Here's week #7 of the standing and kneeling postal match. Hone those skills for the forced lanes. Everyone is welcome to participate. 

There will be a category for scopes (any and all) and also a category for peep/iron sights. 

Jackets, gloves and slings are allowed. You can shoot the card in as many increments as you want. One shot per bullseye.

I suggest wad cutter pellets for cleaner (and bigger) holes and easier scoring. If you’re using dome pellets, be sure to push the pellet head into the hole for a more accurate (and better!) score. We’ll score up and not down. So for example, if any part of the pellet hole touches the next highest ring, you score it by that ring.

Honor system for scoring. This is really for fun, and a way to hopefully get one to practice the postions for the forced position lanes. 

Post a picture of your best card in one or more categories by the end of the match period (usually one week). I'll keep 4 (standing/scope, standing/peep, kneeling/scope and kneeling/peep) running tallies of the scores for the weeks match in the initial post.

This match ends Sunday, January 17th, 2021 at midnight EST.

Here’s the link for the target: https://www.craftygeek.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/A4_10m_Air_Rifle_Target.pdf 

Chas

Standing / Scope Kneeling / Scope Standing / Peep

Matt 143 146 Slow Turtle 109

Chas 137 143

Leo 135 141

Here are my cards for this week. Standing 137 Kneeling 145/143* RAW TM1000 Sightron Slll 10-50 x 60 JSB Simply 8.26gr wadcutters 

* I wasn't settled and as I was adjusting my position, I didn't take my finger far enough away from the trigger and touched it by mistake. Thus the 8. Settling in and shot it again and got a 10. So the letter of the law says 8 and the spirit of the law says 10. At a match on the firing line, the first shot would count, so it's an 8😞

One thing that's gotten clear in the kneeling position is to have the supporting arm on one side or the other of the knee cap, not resting on top. 

IMG_0026.1610925657.jpg
IMG_0027.1610925673.jpg

Good shooting fellas. Chas! Way to improve your scores. You must be figuring out a few tricks 👍

For me it was a roller coaster of the last few days. I only had time to try shooting later in the week, but I tweaked my back on Thursday. Still, I tried shooting some offhand cards and did OK until 7's or 6's polluted the scores. The best I could do was 136.

But then I thought I'd try a card today, and somehow pulled out a personal best of 143, standing. I was nervous and got that tight-chested feeling of not having enough breath, but I figured out I could hold and breathe through that, and the crosshairs settled. I'm not sure how it all worked out.

Then I shot kneeling after quite a lapse and got a 146. I think I've figured out some small tricks for shifting a relaxed stance for minor aim adjustments while maintaining steadiness. 

This was all with my TX200 using domed 8.4's, and scoring with an inserted pellet.

Matt

2021.01.17_TXM_10m_offhand_Chas.1610939810.jpg

2021.01.17_TXM_10m_kneel_Chas.1610939831.jpeg

Well done Matt. 143 standing is awesome. "7's or 6's pulled the scores"... Ha, that's for sure. I just takes one to ruin the card. I'm more interested in not having any 7's or less on a card than I am the overall score. 

Leo and Matt, hats off to you two for shooting those scores with a piston rifle. 

Slow Turtle, the potential is clear. Get rid of one or two of those 3's and 4's and you'll be in the teens!

Hey Greg, where'd you go?

Onwards,

Chas