• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

10 Meter Standing And Kneeling Postal Match ** Week 3 **

Here's week #3 of the standing and kneeling postal match. Hone those skills for the forced lanes. Everyone is welcome to enter. 

There will be a category for scopes (any and all) and also a category for peep/iron sights. 

Jackets, gloves and slings are allowed. You can shoot the card in as many increments as you want. One shot per bullseye.

I suggest wad cutter pellets for cleaner (and bigger) holes and easier scoring. If you’re using dome pellets, be sure to push the pellet head into the hole for a more accurate (and better!) score. We’ll score up and not down. So for example, if any part of the pellet hole touches the next highest ring, you score it by that ring.

Honor system for scoring. This is really for fun and a way to hopefully get one to practice the postions for the forced lanes. 

Post a picture of your best card in any category by the end of the match period (usually one week). I'll keep 4 (standing/scope, standing/peep, kneeling/scope and kneeling/peep) running tallies of the scores for that match period on the initial post.

This match ends Sunday, December 20th at midnight EST.

Here’s the link for the target: https://www.craftygeek.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/A4_10m_Air_Rifle_Target.pdf

Chas

Standing / Scope Kneeling / Scope Standing / Peep Kneeling / Peep 

Greg 143 Greg 145 Slow Turtle 105

Matt 135 Matt 145

Leo 133

Chas 128 Chas 141

Here are my best cards this week. Up a tick kneeling and down a couple of ticks standing. RAW TM1000 Sightron SIII 10-50 x 60 RWS 7.0gr Wadcutters

Standing 128 Kneeling 141

IMG_0016.1608483353.jpg
IMG_0017.1608483362.jpg

Here are my cards for the week. 143 standing, 146 kneeling. Thomas Carbine .177, RWS 8.2 Wadcutters, March 8-80 set on 15x for stand, 25x for kneel.

I shot the bottom 2 rows standing consecutively, then got cold feet because I was shooting so well. I decided to wait and finish later. Later my first shot on top row was barely a 7. Moral: If its going well, keep going!

IMG_0997.1608501902.jpeg

IMG_0998.1608501991.jpeg

If keeping them all in the black is where one starts, that's were one starts and imporves from there. 

We're definitely all better shooters in our own minds!! LOL 

For the past three springs I've felt like I had imporved in the standing and kneeling positions over the winter, only to have reality set in at the first outdoor match of the season!

chas

Agreed! lol

Or even I think I've improved in the spring, and then the summer falls apart - only to feel like I relearn lessons in the winter. Ugh.

@steve123, I hope you feel OK contributing scores whatever they may be. I think it's good to see it as just competing with yourself. Try to learn a little each session and watch for improving scores.

Matt B.