• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

10 Meter NOW CLOSED Jan 31st.. High Score 373 shutik X3

As you know we been kicking around a 10 meter 40 shot shooting competition. We have included a standard free target which can be downloaded and printed from here. 
2 Pages equals 40 shots. You can download the PDF of the revised target page here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HfNdaewvhNCM_koV5MAHX-SWcoFKGqTVThe Rules Below:
1. 10 meters away or 33 feet. 
2. .177 caliber only, any choices of pellets and power of gun. Any choice of scope and optics as well. 
3. Hand held only no jackets or weird shirts, No bench rest.
4. Scoring is each target gets 0 to 10 Points. 
5. if you are inside the ring and hit the tiny 10 . that is 10 points. 
6. If you break the line or the ring your score is of the next HIGHEST number. Thus if you are half in on the 10 ring and half out you score it a 10. same goes for 8 to 9. The Due Date for the entries is by January 1st. We will shoot again for next month as well. Please post your scores with 2 images of what you shot and the total score. This is an honor system so no back an forth on scoring we all agreed this is a low key event. If you have any questions feel free to ask ?

Posted Scores 350.......

2bcff2fb6664b133bd946059d0120900.jpg
053be4ce2abf4e1eafc5e884286a2ca1.jpg

jaydog-- slowly getting a little better. I've adjusted my feet and stance a bit. Interesting how I'm always naturally to the right of my target and have to slowly work my way over to the center of the target, timing my trigger pull as I pass over the x. Probably not the correct method, but the best I've been able to do so far. I wish I had a coach to tell me where to improve!

Philip

Hey Philip, I'm no coach, but did work with one for a while doing 10M shooting. The idea is to find what's called your natural point of aim. That is, set up your feet and your stance so that the rifle and cross hairs are naturally pointing at the bulls eye without having to push it there. When we have to push the rifle to be on target, muscles are being used, creating tension and a greater likelyhood for a miss. Hope this will be helpful. 

Chas

Reactions: DeadEyeNC
Philip,

You can try this exercise, it helped me:

Get in your standing shooting position and aim at the target. Close your eyes, take two breaths, open your eyes and see if you moved your aim point.

You can place the target where you ended up aiming when you opened your eyes.

Repeat until you can open your eyes and be aiming at the same place before you closed them.

Reactions: DeadEyeNC
Thanks so much Chas and shutik!
I naturally end up to the right of my target and have to physically wiggle over to the left, so sounds like I need to adjust my foot a bit to move my POA. I'm definitely using muscle more than I should. I'm right handed so I'm thinking my right foot need to move up some. Here's a shot of my feet and what I'm thinking needs to be adjusted. My left leg is holding most of the weight and is a straight line from the floor to the gun.
011e0f558baf4e65ec7066454475f3c2.jpg