10 meter air pistol. Morini vs FWB vs Steyr vs Pardini

Ok I know there're already bunch of posts around the internet arguing which 10m Olympic pistol is more popular. After done some research I narrowed it down to these models -

Morini CM162EI, CM200EI

Pardini K12

FWB P8X

Steyr EVO 10M, E

Now I'm more interested in FWB and pardini as those pistols have the best triggers according to the reviews. Anyone has hands down experiences? Like how does the grip feel? And trigger, recoil, even sound level(whether it's ok to practice in garage). Really appreciated! 

Again, though I've put ~1k pellets in my Alfa Proj PCP and Beeman p17, the listed high end pistols are all better than me for sure :)

I would highly recommend a Steyr LP50 standard or the HP. These semiautomatic match pistols are extremely fun to shoot and well worth the their selling price IMHO. 

Once you buy one and shoot it for the first time you won't want to put it down. Buy lots and lots and lots of extra 5 shot magazines like at least 10 or 20 of them. You will see what I mean if you only buy a couple extra magazines. You will definitely want to order 10 or 20 more later.

you have to find out by yourself.

no one here knows which grip suits you hands better.

a good feeling in the hand is one of the most importent properties of a 10m airgun pistol.

+1 on what Hubertus said. it's all about the grips. Well worth the $ for custom grips. Izh46m with SC/woods&water customs.
20191012_104441_HDR.1600342554.jpg
20191012_104415_HDR.1600342619.jpg

As far as the trigger goes I really liked my Pardini 162E. I had it adjusted down to 1oz for the fun of it, then I set it at 2oz which made for some fine pistol shooting.

As far as fun goes I agree with Odoyle, I've loved my old Steyr LP5 since the first time I shot it. 

The LP5 is almost as accurate(22 caliber ragged hole at 10M) which is great since it's a semi auto.

I own Morini 162. If I scope it and shoot bench at 50 feet in the basement, it will always hit POA perfectly. Morini grips are sold on competitors pistols because they are so nice.

Bought mine in the 90,s. Resealed last year for minor leak. Electronic trigger flawless. Best extreme spread in my collection. I use this pistol to test chronographs.

I will be following this thread closely. I have no real need for a 10 meter pistol, but that does not alter the fact that I want one!

I have a very nice Izzy that meets all my needs plus an HW 75 that I bought just because the price was too good to pass up. All that being said, I am still searching everyday for a good deal on a Steyr LP 50. I kind of settled on the Steyr because there is an adapter to mount a red dot. 

i agree that the grip is important. I have a custom grip on my Izzy and it is much nicer than the stock grip 

E4E10B3D-3CE8-49A8-A8E4-B5BC6318A54F.1600350706.jpeg

Corky

a good feeling in the hand is one of the most importent properties of a 10m airgun pistol.

Agree! Even I bought adjustable grip for my alfa proj pcp to replace my stock ambi grip, I still feel it's not comfortable due to rather small hand. The thing is I never had a chance to feel a high end pistol grip (well actually I really regret not to try out morini in local club before quarantine lock down), so I've no idea what a comfortable grip should be.

I would highly recommend a Steyr LP50 standard or the HP. These semiautomatic match pistols are extremely fun to shoot and well worth the their selling price IMHO. 

Once you buy one and shoot it for the first time you won't want to put it down. Buy lots and lots and lots of extra 5 shot magazines like at least 10 or 20 of them. You will see what I mean if you only buy a couple extra magazines. You will definitely want to order 10 or 20 more later.

Oh wow LP50 is semi-auto right? That's something new to me. Will take a look!

+1 on what Hubertus said. it's all about the grips. Well worth the $ for custom grips. Izh46m with SC/woods&water customs.
20191012_104441_HDR.1600342554.jpg
20191012_104415_HDR.1600342619.jpg

The dark wood finish is like crazy. Well done! Again I regret not to try out Izh46m during club time as well :(

Izh46m is the name that comes to my search engine a looot.

As far as the trigger goes I really liked my Pardini 162E. I had it adjusted down to 1oz for the fun of it, then I set it at 2oz which made for some fine pistol shooting.

As far as fun goes I agree with Odoyle, I've loved my old Steyr LP5 since the first time I shot it. 

The LP5 is almost as accurate(22 caliber ragged hole at 10M) which is great since it's a semi auto.

You mean Morini 162E right :)? I can imagine 10oz would feel just like hair smooth. I modified my beeman p17 to ~20oz and I don't even feel the trigger.

I own Morini 162. If I scope it and shoot bench at 50 feet in the basement, it will always hit POA perfectly. Morini grips are sold on competitors pistols because they are so nice.

Bought mine in the 90,s. Resealed last year for minor leak. Electronic trigger flawless. Best extreme spread in my collection. I use this pistol to test chronographs.

I use this pistol to test chronographs -- that's funny :) Electronic trigger vs mechanical trigger is another big topic people like to argue. My humble idea is they might feel the same, with some dry fire differences. 

I will be following this thread closely. I have no real need for a 10 meter pistol, but that does not alter the fact that I want one!

I have a very nice Izzy that meets all my needs plus an HW 75 that I bought just because the price was too good to pass up. All that being said, I am still searching everyday for a good deal on a Steyr LP 50. I kind of settled on the Steyr because there is an adapter to mount a red dot. 

i agree that the grip is important. I have a custom grip on my Izzy and it is much nicer than the stock grip 

E4E10B3D-3CE8-49A8-A8E4-B5BC6318A54F.1600350706.jpeg

Corkky

For me sights are not that necessary and I mainly rely on iron sight and follow 10m rules. Satisfied to see another IZH 46M!

I own and shoot Steyr LP 10 [converted from original CO2 system to PCP] and LP5. Both have Morini grips. Both shoot wonderful and accurately. I, too, have small hands and have added poster board putty to make a palm rest that fits properly. I shoot the LP5 mainly as practice for NRA Conventional Pistol and haven't bought a lot of magazines as suggested. I can see where that would be helpful for shooting quickly, but 2 magazines are fine for competition. You can also get a single shot magazine for the LP5/50, but I find using the LP10 for that is much easier.

Good luck with your search. It is likely you will end up with several different pistols and be glad you did.

Mike

If you plan to shoot in top competition events, I recommend the Morini or the Steyr. While all of those pistols are fantistic, these two seem to be used most by top shooters. Otherwise, any of them would be fine. I'm too old for competition, but I use a used Steyr CP2 compact that I got for a good price. While many will argue, I just can't warm up to the Russian guns. I know they shoot well, but they are pretty ugly. Mechanical vs. Electronic trigger?? They both work well. There is a minimum trigger pull limit, so don't think you can get away with a 2 oz trigger. The mechanical ones work well and are dependable. Batteries and electronics?? Nah!

You mean Morini 162E right :)? I can imagine 10oz would feel just like hair smooth. I modified my beeman p17 to ~20oz and I don't even feel the trigger.

Yes of course. 

The old brain not quite up to snuff that early in the AM.

If you plan to shoot in top competition events, I recommend the Morini or the Steyr. While all of those pistols are fantistic, these two seem to be used most by top shooters. Otherwise, any of them would be fine. I'm too old for competition, but I use a used Steyr CP2 compact that I got for a good price. While many will argue, I just can't warm up to the Russian guns. I know they shoot well, but they are pretty ugly. Mechanical vs. Electronic trigger?? They both work well. There is a minimum trigger pull limit, so don't think you can get away with a 2 oz trigger. The mechanical ones work well and are dependable. Batteries and electronics?

My Morini battery lasted 17 years before replacement.

Do you happen to know of a source for innexpensive LP50 magazines?...