10 Initial impressions; Kalibrgun Cricket Tactical II 25 cal

1. It takes a lot of practice loading a new magazine. 

2. Dang the PING is loud for the shooter

3. Why does it skip pellets when cycling the action? I’m trying to find out if I’m cycling too slow. It’s really frustrating right now

4. It’s accurate as hell just at the 30y I’ve been shaking it down at. I’m using 34gr Fx pellets

5. Trigger is fantastic 

6. A little too long for me using a DonnyFL Sumo. Tatsu on order.

7. HATE the fill restriction. I hate how it yo-Yo’s 

8. Compared to what I see online, my scope had to be mounted a lot further forward 

9. I appreciate how solid this rifle is

10. Cheek weld area feels like a very cheap plastic. I’d like to find an aftermarket alternative 

IMG-6557.jpg

I have one in .22 and .30 the .30 is one of the most accurate guns I own and surprisingly shoots the 50 grain better than the 44.....Both are sub MOA, the 50's just a bit better.

Derrick Wall placed 9th in the pro class at EBR with a .30 Cricket Tactical this year.

I have seen a fix for the mags but not sure if the person who showed me what he did to get them sorted wants me to share the info so if by chance they see this thread will allow them to chime in.

The .22 is fairly new to me still but will say the adjustability is amazing. 110 bar reg pressure and goes form 865 with the 15.9 to 930 with the Monster Redesigns just via the hammer spring adjuster and shots anything I throw at it exceptionally well....The Monster Redesigns shoot better from the Tactical than my RTI Prophet Performance, FX guns, RAW and on and on so see this as being a possible long range shooter as well...Gun is incredibly quiet with the Tanto I am using and shot count is stellar. 

Slugs from both are on par with pellet accuracy I have been told but pellets do all I need so no direct input there.

So with some practice after work today i found out the following for my 10 things in my initial post

1. It takes a lot of practice loading a new magazine. 
If you press the magazine down into the detent it makes loading easier

2. Dang the PING is loud for the shooter

Yup, still there. Like a lot of thing, you just get used to it.

3. Why does it skip pellets when cycling the action? I’m trying to find out if I’m cycling too slow. It’s really frustrating right now

At first I thought I had to dremel the magazine like Derrick. I thought it was that bevel. I looked at the mag that came with the rifle and the old kalibrgun mags. You can see in this photo the new mags on the right are beveled.

I did some more shooting and found I was grabbing the area circled in yellow to cycle. I started to soley grab the end (red) and didn't have any issues with either mag.

4. It’s accurate as hell just at the 30y I’ve been shaking it down at. I’m using 34gr Fx pellets

yup

5. Trigger is fantastic 

yup

6. A little too long for me using a DonnyFL Sumo. Tatsu on order.

I'm in FL, so DonnyFL mod should be here by the end of the week

7. HATE the fill restriction. I hate how it yo-Yo’s 

Just gotta deal with it. I fill the rifle upright and watch the manometer on the rifle.

8. Compared to what I see online, my scope had to be mounted a lot further forward 

It is what it is

9. I appreciate how solid this rifle is

Still do. Solid platform. not too top heavy. The Flashpup I had was much worse.

10. Cheek weld area feels like a very cheap plastic. I’d like to find an aftermarket alternative 

I'll keep and eye out

I didn’t read about it anywhere before purchasing. I probably would have tried a Uragan instead. 

The best solution, not 100%, is a quick flick cycle. 

it’s a shame, it’s a great shooter. Very odd because it works with first gen cricket 25 mags

Ya know that's very interesting. I had a Cricket 2 .22 for a bit alongside my Cricket Carbine Mini .22. One time I mis matched the older Cricket Carbine mag and put it in the Cricket 2 and it didn't cycle very well at all. But - all of the mags cycle very well in the Cricket Carbine.

I have a .22 Tact 60 coming so I'll try to report on mag success with different generations.

I don't find the mag insertion to be that bad really. Maybe I just got the hang of it.

What's up with #7 Fill restriction? Haven't read anything on that yet.

I have a brand new Great White double gauge with all new fill components. I open it up and the gun slowly fills. The manometer reading the pressure in the line will max out to whatever the tank has in it. The manometer on the gun will slowly climb.

Reactions: Hynzie

I have a brand new Great White double gauge with all new fill components. I open it up and the gun slowly fills. The manometer reading the pressure in the line will max out to whatever the tank has in it. The manometer on the gun will slowly climb.

Are you sure that's the gun and not the tank? JBs slow flow valves can be painfully slow when filling a 500cc+ bottle. Have you tried removing the slow fill from the valve? I did on mine and the valve is quality enough you can still slowly turn it for a slow fill. 

Are you sure that's the gun and not the tank? JBs slow flow valves can be painfully slow when filling a 500cc+ bottle. Have you tried removing the slow fill from the valve? I did on mine and the valve is quality enough you can still slowly turn it for a slow fill.

Works fine with two other PCP's. I even tried the supplied fill probe and a one piece I purchased from Huma-Air

Works fine with two other PCP's. I even tried the supplied fill probe and a one piece I purchased from Huma-Air

SAME story with my rig slow fill ,PIA but safe

"2. Dang the PING is loud for the shooter"

Anybody know any fixes for the loud ping? This is the biggest disappointment with my .25 Cricket II. Accuracy, power and handling all as nice or better than my .old .25 Cricket. Side lever makes it easier to switch from my Wildcat and Vulcans. Ping is the worst I've experienced with any PCP. I start to get used to it and then pick up one of my other guns and realize again how loud it is. Any ideas?

My friend has Cricket 2 Tactical in .22 and it is possibly the quietest airgun I’ve ever not heard. Even sending 25gr MRD at 890, the “ping” is a nearly imperceptible “tink”. It was setup and tuned by Charlie Frear at Georgia Airguns..so maybe he applied some magic. You might give him a call to pick his brain.

Mine came from Charlie also. Maybe the 25 is just louder

Yup, mine came from CF with his "power tune" and a power plenum installed. Strangely, it shoots the very same power as the box stock original Cricket I'm comparing. JSB Kings 25.4 @ 970fps. After some experience it seems the muzzle report is comparable but as the shooter all I here is a loud, sharp crack - a bit like an un-moderated muzzle. I recall some ping fixes involving inserts in the air tube on other guns. Just curious if anyone has found "fixes" for the CII. Maybe it's time to call Charlie again...