Zulus question

The more I use mine the more I like it. For me its not a primary scope, it was purchased for nighttime pests… The main thing I would like changed is bigger reticles. They are very small and fine to my eyes, otherwise a sweet little NV scope atop my Atomic XR.

View attachment 439512
Do you happen to know what the rise to centerline is with the mount? Not much info out there on that.

I was shooting both Zulus today (LRF and non LRF) at the range today. I had targets at 25, 50 and 100. It was an overcast day with no sun peaking through the clouds. The images at 100 yards were clear enough to easily pick out the bulls to shoot at. I had a steel target at 229 yards that I used the rangefinder to line up and I was able to focus in on it quite well for a digital system. Now, the LRF did not place the reticle at the correct position for me to hit it, but I was adjusting my zero and also my ballistics all day. The LRF worked well out to 100 yards. There was a slight wind today gusting to 15 so I did have some side to side play.

I have seen a lot about these little wonders (5-20) over the last several months so I decided to go check out some YT vids. My question is... it seems like all the video of the optic on higher magnification looks pixelated to me or somewhat blurry. Does it look that way in person or is it just the videos?
I have a write up and videos on YouTube and I have been testing digital daynight scopes for about 3 years and have a pretty good video library. Every digital magnification will worsen just by design BUT the zulus in my opinion keeps it clarity very well even at max magnification. I find the image is slightly better in scope but any uploaded on most platforms it seems to downgrade it slightly. I too have issues with my eyes liking reticles and I lean towards the digital stuff as I can change the reticle color and reticle itself with more in future updates. I do use it as a dedicated day scope and nights scope. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will link my thread along check out the other videos I did showing the night quality. Also to note they added another reticle option since that review.
20231201_235502.jpg
20231201_234734.jpg
20231201_234245.jpg
20231201_233811.jpg

Just a quick question. My Zulus non rf arrived and of course no SD, charger or battery. (waiting on micro sd and have plenty of batteries.) But my question is about the reticles. It seems the ones provided might be an older version. Does anyone know what the latest firmware version is out there?
I'm pretty sure it's 2.2.2

Reactions: MACTEN
Just a quick question. My Zulus non rf arrived and of course no SD, charger or battery. (waiting on micro sd and have plenty of batteries.) But my question is about the reticles. It seems the ones provided might be an older version. Does anyone know what the latest firmware version is out there?
I am not 100% sure I think the lrf and non lrf have different firmware. Can you link up to the arken app and check for updates?

The more I use mine the more I like it. For me its not a primary scope, it was purchased for nighttime pests… The main thing I would like changed is bigger reticles. They are very small and fine to my eyes, otherwise a sweet little NV scope atop my Atomic XR.

View attachment 439512
I agree, I love mine but every time I use it, I wish the reticle lines were about twice as thick. I feel like the view is ok during the day but at dusk and dawn it is awesome. My wife and I were blown away by how well it worked when it was pitch dark outside as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
They just sent me 2 batteries, a charger and a memory card out of the blue, I wasn't expecting anything. I never did get a lens cloth but that's okay. I have found their customer service to be great so far. I am glad I got the range Finder and bullet drop compensator version because the mounting height is so high above the bore of the barrel that there is a large arc in the trajectory and with the range finder and compensator it just doesn't matter. No guess work and that works for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MACTEN and L.Leon
After updating the only thing I see that's different is the addition of the above T dot (German Type 1 style) reticle unless there were more things. I wish updates had a document about what they updated.
I have discussed this with them about adding firmware information so us as users know what was added. I believe there was other stuff added as well to make it smoother.

I agree, I love mine but every time I use it, I wish the reticle lines were about twice as thick. I feel like the view is ok during the day but at dusk and dawn it is awesome. My wife and I were blown away by how well it worked when it was pitch dark outside as well.
As for the reticle lines are you saying at base mag or max? I have been talking with them and they are trying to find a happy middle ground. The other digital scopes I have used have been on par with these but can always use tweaking.

As for the reticle lines are you saying at base mag or max? I have been talking with them and they are trying to find a happy middle ground. The other digital scopes I have used have been on par with these but can always use tweaking.
I've gotten used to the thin reticle now. I still want more MOA added in each direction. Plenty of room.

Reactions: L.Leon