Zulus at 25, 40 and 50 yards…

The sidewalk chalk scored into four pieces, all smaller than a mouse.The reticle through the view screen is way too thin, looks 100% in the playback… Shot standing off a rickety bipod am sure it will get better.

I understand the reticle issue has been mentioned to the company, they have a few more millimeters to play with for size, I'm thinking if they can make it a touch larger and i think a bit brighter would help. I'd like to see the center dot about 2 - 3 times larger.

Reactions: L.Leon
I have gotten use to the size also and will play with the zoom level to get where I need to work with the reticle size. With the LRF it's a lot easier to shoot versus using holdovers with the non-LRF version as the reticle is moved for you...
My minimum range is 50 yards generally out to 75 to 125. I honestly thought I was getting the LRF, ok messed up, that's on me, I can do presets because I stay in one distance for a period of time, but I do need hold overs on a digital, can't just turn the knob a bit. I agree that the Zulus is going to do well

I went out tonight and got my first kill with the Zulus LRF. I didn't film it as somehow the card was full, so clearly I had been pressing buttons and managed to fill it up! The Krait L was sighted in at 30 yards and the rabbit was at 24 yards. The red X was placed at the first sub-tension below the center. I had the zoom at 5 as it was plenty for that yardage. At first I was thinking "why aren't the eyes all lit up as they normally are... the rabbit was very clear and I could see it well. That shows how good the Zulus is when the idiot behind the trigger doesn't turn the IR on! As soon as the light was on at level 1, then I got an even clearer picture with eyes lit up. Head hot and DRT. Very impressed with the scope. It has been raining all day and I was adjusting triggers, so that helped with the Krait L at shot time. I can't wait to get this after some rats!

Reactions: L.Leon
@Pfddi, did the same this evening while scanning inside a hoop house for rats, forgot to turn on the IR! When I noticed the cows eyes were not reflecting the IR. Spotted a few rats through mine but did not have safe shots. Am super impressed with the quality of the NV, this Spring on the warmer night am going to wreck some vermin. Love the small, unobtrusive form factor.

Reactions: Pfddi
I went out tonight and got my first kill with the Zulus LRF. I didn't film it as somehow the card was full, so clearly I had been pressing buttons and managed to fill it up! The Krait L was sighted in at 30 yards and the rabbit was at 24 yards. The red X was placed at the first sub-tension below the center. I had the zoom at 5 as it was plenty for that yardage. At first I was thinking "why aren't the eyes all lit up as they normally are... the rabbit was very clear and I could see it well. That shows how good the Zulus is when the idiot behind the trigger doesn't turn the IR on! As soon as the light was on at level 1, then I got an even clearer picture with eyes lit up. Head hot and DRT. Very impressed with the scope. It has been raining all day and I was adjusting triggers, so that helped with the Krait L at shot time. I can't wait to get this after some rats!
Do you have it on the auto record? That would be a bit amusing if you look at the card and find out you have mini recordings of thousands of shots.......

Do you have it on the auto record? That would be a bit amusing if you look at the card and find out you have mini recordings of thousands of shots.......
Is that the RAV recoil activated video you are referring too. My Atomic doesn’t recoil at the, it does not activate on my Zulus. When I short press the “record button” the RAV symbol pops up, but does not start recording at the shot… Will go and try it again to see if I’m missing something…

Is that the RAV recoil activated video you are referring too. My Atomic doesn’t recoil at the, it does not activate on my Zulus. When I short press the “record button” the RAV symbol pops up, but does not start recording at the shot… Will go and try it again to see if I’m missing something…
You'll have to let me know, I've never messed with it. I have thought about it though since I tend to forget to hit record when I'm targeting my prey.

@dens228 - I'll check today. That might be the case. I'm not use to the icons yet. I'll make sure it's off, but that will be quite a surprise if it works for air guns!

Also a note to Arken would be to not automatically turn the scope on when you plug the USB C into it! You can burn in an OLED screen.
The auto record worked on my M3/Pard.