Zulus’ a usersk update… 1st starling kill

Please understand that I am posting this as a novice user getting to know the unit… I purchased it for its night pesting capabilities. Which I still have to put to the test. Am sure that a technically savvy person can get more out of it than I. My intentions are to record a few rat kills. Other than that I have zero desire to become a video editor.

All the chalk pieces the size of a chipmunks head. The two inside the horizontal cinderblock (40 yards). The ones on the vertical cinderblock (25 yards). The rabbit silohuette (33 yards). Plastic saline bottles on stump (50 yards). All the birds on the suet cakes (20 yards) were recorded from inside through my not so clean window. The image seen on the playback screen is “much” crispier than what I see through the ocular screen… Atomic XR sending CPHPs… As you can see any small unwanted critter is in serious peril within those ranges. Day or night…🤓🙀🙏

How hard do you find it to do the recording before you shoot?

How are you liking the scope as of right now? If you could, would you order another one again?
It's just a matter of long pressing a button on the top of the unit in order to start recording. When I'm out pesting I usually push it to start recording as soon as I spot my target and before I even put my eye behind the scope. At night I do start recording as I'm viewing through the scope though since I need the IR to see the pest anyway. No issues at all after you get a feel for where the buttons are. It's easy enough to edit the non desired footage out later.

Reactions: SHOMER and L.Leon
How hard do you find it to do the recording before you shoot?

How are you liking the scope as of right now? If you could, would you order another one again?
Recording before the shot? Don’t have an issue yet, but if it comes to hitting record or getting a kill shot? I’m taking the kill, I purchased this unit for its form factor and night vision capability. If used on a firearm you can set it up for RAV recoil activated video… I like it more every time I use it. And yes, I would purchase it again, it really is a sweet little scope. Look how sweet it sits atop my Atomic…🤓

Edited to add: the buttons atop the unit became very intuitive after just a few outings. The layout is easy to access and work with in the dark…🙏

IMG_1175.jpeg

By request of my buddy, yesterday i took pot shots at a flock of Rooks threatening to make a tree near by a rookery.
I was zeroed in at 80 Meters with my 40 X scope but they dident get closer than 100 - 120 M i guesstimate.

Dident hit a single one. but i did make them duck / take to the air.

The LRF or really just a RF would have been nice, i really got to get one of my own instead of relying on my friends RF

• Haha
Reactions: SHOMER and L.Leon