Zeus Goes Squirrel Hunting

I recently purchased a Gen 2 72 caliber Zeus with the 16 inch barrel from Fox Air Power. Great customer service and I would not hesitate to order from them again. I have been experimenting with different projectiles and it likes the Mr. Hollopoint 440 grain slugs at 900 fps. I get that with a 4000 psi fill. I am getting three good shots that will usually touch at fifty yards, which bring it down to around 2200 psi. At 100 yards the second and third shot will drop an inch or so from the first shot as the velocity slows, but it is very predictable. As it is early squirrel season here in Mississippi I wanted to give the Zeus a try. I set up fifty yards from the corn cob feeder and managed to take a squirrel on my third try. I will link the video below. I was pleasantly surprised at the minimal meat damage. Looking forward to deer season to give it a try.

https://youtu.be/8-LIl0qCU1I

Just wow - this is both awesome and total overkill at the same time - love it. Shot my Zeus .72 16" for the first time this weekend - surprised the tree is still standing.
Have you taken it out to any long distances yet? I want a .58 but 32 inch barrel is just too damn much, the 16 and 24 inch .72 is appealing though

Have you taken it out to any long distances yet? I want a .58 but 32 inch barrel is just too damn much, the 16 and 24 inch .72 is appealing though
I have not. Actually the first few shots were good at 25 yards, but then things seemed to be wiggling around a bit. I was looking at the gun at home this week and the reason became abundantly clear - the barrel nut had come loose and the barrel was wobbling. Considering the kick of the gun is similar to a 20 gauge shotgun I guess I wasn't surprised, but it should be a concern as well. Everything tightened back down and may get another chance to shoot it this weekend. If all goes well I'll try some 50 and 100 yard shots.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I have not. Actually the first few shots were good at 25 yards, but then things seemed to be wiggling around a bit. I was looking at the gun at home this week and the reason became abundantly clear - the barrel nut had come loose and the barrel was wobbling. Considering the kick of the gun is similar to a 20 gauge shotgun I guess I wasn't surprised, but it should be a concern as well. Everything tightened back down and may get another chance to shoot it this weekend. If all goes well I'll try some 50 and 100 yard shots.

Hey AEA isnt the only ones, maybe a good reminder we should "bolt check" new rifles when we get them lol, the safety selector on my AW was wobbly like that.