• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Zeroing the scope

I got myself a 800fps air gun and a optic(Beeman 3-9X40).But no matter how much I try, the pellet wont hit the target.I tried to zero the scope but no matter how much I turn the dial on the bottom right (The dial which which is used to change the direction from left to right) the pellet wont hit the target.

I would alawys hit the pellet about 4 inches left from the target.,I tried turning the dial right(about 20-30 clicks,when 2 or 3 clicks didnot work) but still the pellet will the same spot,eventhough I turned the dial to the right.
Why wont the pellet hit to the target no matter how much I turn the dial to the right.The horizontal height is correct so I dont need to change the dial on the top of the scope.

Am I doing something wrong?
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-07 at 09.03.58_d1999a09.jpg

Looks like your gun has open sights. Try removing the scope and shooting with just the open sights. Start close, maybe 10 - 15 feet from the target. Use a blank paper with a sharpie dot or something that will give you a definite aim point. Don't worry about getting on target st first, just keep the same aim point and see how well the gun groupdot when you start getting your shots in a tight cluster you can adjust to hit your point of aim.
You will probably need to try different brands of pellets to find which your gun prefers. Domed pellets are usually the most accurate. Some reputable brands are H&N, JSB, and RWS. Some guns will shoot the Crosman domed pellets well also.
Stay with it and try to learn what works for you.
Once you start getting good groups you can try the scope and see how it goes, there are a lot of variables that can effect accuracy when using a scope.

Looks like your gun has open sights. Try removing the scope and shooting with just the open sights. Start close, maybe 10 - 15 feet from the target. Use a blank paper with a sharpie dot or something that will give you a definite aim point. Don't worry about getting on target st first, just keep the same aim point and see how well the gun groupdot when you start getting your shots in a tight cluster you can adjust to hit your point of aim.
You will probably need to try different brands of pellets to find which your gun prefers. Domed pellets are usually the most accurate. Some reputable brands are H&N, JSB, and RWS. Some guns will shoot the Crosman domed pellets well also.
Stay with it and try to learn what works for you.
Once you start getting good groups you can try the scope and see how it goes, there are a lot of variables that can effect accuracy when using a scope.
The gun shoots fine without the scope,the porblem is with the scope

I bought the gun separate and the scope separate.Mind you the scope fell twice to the floor when it was on top of the old gun.They zeroed the scope when they fixed it on the new air gun becuase the old guns scope rail was not good,but when I returned home,It was shooting as if it had not been zeroed
Well if that's the case I'd definitely say the scope is the issue.

In the picture, your back scope ring clamp doesn't look seated correctly on the dovetail rail! The jaw on the right side (stationary part of ring) is not grabbing the underside of the rail deeply enough. Look at difference between how back ring sits on rail & front ring sits. When mounting rings, get that stationary (right) side UNDER the lip of dovetail rail before tightening left (screw) side.
NOTE: The underside of dovetail on left side looks pretty gunky & dirty. Could debris be on right side too, not allowing ring to seat properly?
Have you put gun in a stationary gun rest that HOLDS IT IN PLACE so you can TRULY tell how gun is grouping?

Last edited: