Zero Recoil Zero Play Scope Mount - Sorry Dianna...

I modified a Chinese model, and am very happy with it. Although I have yet to see if it will hold zero, I think I got all of the play out of it. The 3D printed plans that George came up with had a third stabalizer/slide rod underneath the normal two. It also had bi-directional damper springs. My modified unit now has the two way dampers, but it has no room for a third guide. I imagine that George either plans to produce his version or, worst case, Diana viewed it as some sort of copyright infringement. Hopefully he will be able to produce it, as it looked like it addressed any issues the original design may have had. Please keep me posted. If I hear anything, I will do the same. Regards from Colorado, Dave

Last edited:
Good job Dave.

I also bought those cheap Chinese copies. But I was thinking of cutting off the rings, filing the top flat and tapping screw holes for a Picatinny rail.

Basically changing these one piece recoilless scope mounts into a recoilless Picatinny riser.

Now I don't have the machining skills to make these aesthetically pleasing and accurate. That's why this project has been on the back burner for 2+years.

Maybe someone with more skills can make this a reality.

Good job Dave.

I also bought those cheap Chinese copies. But I was thinking of cutting off the rings, filing the top flat and tapping screw holes for a Picatinny rail.

Basically changing these one piece recoilless scope mounts into a recoilless Picatinny riser.

Now I don't have the machining skills to make these aesthetically pleasing and accurate. That's why this project has been on the back burner for 2+years.

Maybe someone with more skills can make this a reality.

Had too much time on my hand this weekend. Measure twice and cut and/or drill once was the theme of the day.
Unfortunately, I flunk wood shop and metal shop. So most of the day was spent cussing and fixing mistakes. Wasn't much fun digging out a drill bit that snapped due to operator error. After about 6 hours...here's the result (all ten toes and fingers still intact and no blood spilled). Got out the TX. mounted the recoilless riser and a Sightron 10-50x on it...seems to be holding zero. Next phase will be the drill and tap for nylon bolts to tighten up the slop on those two metal rods.

Marking off where to cut.jpg

taking apart the recoilless mount.jpg

recoil Picatinny rail riser 2.jpg

recoilless Picatinny rail riser 1.jpg

scope rings hacked sawed off 1.jpg

Reactions: SANTO
Had too much time on my hand this weekend. Measure twice and cut and/or drill once was the theme of the day.
Unfortunately, I flunk wood shop and metal shop. So most of the day was spent cussing and fixing mistakes. Wasn't much fun digging out a drill bit that snapped due to operator error. After about 6 hours...here's the result (all ten toes and fingers still intact and no blood spilled). Got out the TX. mounted the recoilless riser and a Sightron 10-50x on it...seems to be holding zero. Next phase will be the drill and tap for nylon bolts to tighten up the slop on those two metal rods.

View attachment 301521

View attachment 301522

View attachment 301523

View attachment 301524

View attachment 301525
Looks like it should work well. Good job.

Drilled and tapped for brass set screws (too lazy to go to home depot to hunt for nylon bolts). No much material on the sides for the set screws...maybe 1-2 threads to hold it. Gosh ...more problems.

Looking back, a better solution might have been to angle one screw at a 45 degree angle upwards. Oh well...next project (next mount).
Maybe next time. will need a drill press and some way to secure the mount at 45 degree. hmmm. This might be a better option as you do not need o remove the Picatinny rail to make set screws adjustments.

just a side note for others who want to do this mod. the Picatinny rail does put tension on the sliding mechanism if you are off even by a fraction...there might be some binding.

Last edited:
Recoiless scope mounts is a subject I have recently been researching. I found the RWS model at Airguns of Arizona for $69.99 but want to know if it works?
Airguns of Arizona RWS recoiless mount
Mixed reviews in general, works for me and other folks. But you do have some negative reviews/comments.
Some had screws that stripped out (I haven't had that problem), you have to really tighten scope screw in an alternate fashion as there's likelihood of the sliding mechanism binding if not done correctly (I personally experience this problem with the Diana and the Chinese clone).