Zero recoil mounts ?

Just the Diana and Sportsmatch Dampa mount. The Diana 2nd gen mount is made in China, so there are any number of very inexpensive knockoffs on Amazon.
The Diana and knockoffs (I have both) can have a bit of slop in the rails the rings are attached to, but search the forum for threads on it and a fellow member detailed how he fixed it or email Hector at Connecticut Custom Airguns. He does what he calls an accurized version for something like $145.

I have Hector's accurized versions on all my TX200 rifles. I am using scopes that are for the most part irreplaceable, like the Premier modified Leupolds, so I just want to be sure the scope lasts. Off the shelf, these mounts have too much movement, leading to POI shifts; found that out the hard way. Hector's mount have no POI shift and work exactly the way you would hope a zero recoil mount would work.

Tim

Reactions: beerthief
Diana Z scope mount fix . saw the Hector M. fix for a Z mount wobble , drill & tap for 4 MM set screws .
But the top metal is thin so my fix is to drill on a 45 degree slant from the mid point on the top to the rod / slide . so instead of a vertical 90 degree hole you drill at a 45 for more metal to thread . Works great .

You could give this a try - not expensive.

I use and really like their adjustable rings.

Dovetail & Picatinny, 1” and 30mm options:

-Ed

i bought 2 from china and one from Diana PA . the 2 from china were exactly the same and had the same shipping address , but different price and different company name . I did the drilling on one of the china ones rather than the 60$ Diana which still has a smaller amount of wobble .
Also the 2 from china felt like a stronger spring .

Last edited:
You could give this a try - not expensive.

I use and really like their adjustable rings.

Dovetail & Picatinny, 1” and 30mm options:

-Ed
Too cool. Ya learn something every day. Never knew those existed. Thank you for sharing.

D5176C0C-E96E-4687-850A-725179FC531E.jpeg

is there a better zero recoil mount than Diana ?
I think there is.

Here's my version of How to butcher/improve a Chinese Made zero recoil mount and make it into a zero recoil riser. See Post #27 in link below.

page-2

1691334077414.png

I basically cut off the top of the mount and made it into a zero recoil riser with Picatinny rail.
One of the reasons I did this was to have the option of putting an adjustable mount onto a zero recoil riser.

I wished Sportmatch would come out with an adjustable riser...it would make our lives so much easier.

or maybe combine it...a dampa mount adjustable riser...or an adjustable anti-recoil riser.

i bought 2 from china and one from Diana PA . the 2 from china were exactly the same and had the same shipping address , but different price and different company name . I did the drilling on one of the china ones rather than the 60$ Diana which still has a smaller amount of wobble .
Also the 2 from china felt like a stronger spring .
Looking like diana anymore become more china then german in most stuff today.

Like you said same company different name on the china ones , but you may find the Diana comes from them too if you could dig down.. maybe diana brands the ones deemed better comming off the assembly line.

when adj. the screw squeeze the mount , if you can feel the screw it is too tight if you can't feel it and there is no wiggle then it is right .
Yes i found 4MM set screws with nylon tips but not all nylon 4 MM set screws
I wonder if ball screws would work there, if the spring and ball offer enough push to keep the rods uniformly centered.
IMG_2596.png