zero on scope

Not sure what you are hunting, or where, but for the .22 a zero at 30 yards is probably best, which should allow you to hold dead-on from 10-35 yards, with about 3" hold over at 50 yards.

If you truly anticipate most of your shots to be in the 50 yard range then I would suggest shooting thru a chrony and putting your numbers into chairgun, then determine where your most beneficial zero should be.

My opinion, for what it's worth. Find an outdoor gun range with 50+ yards and zero it in the old fashioned way. Using charts and chronys and all that is great but nothing is better than getting out there and shooting the distance to see how your gun acts. Just because it's tack driver accurate at 25 yards doesn't mean it's gonna be so accurate at 50 yards. If you're hunting anything bigger than squirrels, I recommend staying within 30 yards to ensure a clean, one shot kill when possible. It's also helps to use a range finder to accurately gauge distance instead of guesstimating.

I guesstimated my shooting lane in my back yard at 10 yards, only to measure it and find out I'm shooting at 20 yards so a range finder really helps if you're not good at estimating range like me.

Other than that, just get out and shoot it. Best to find a range day that doesn't have so many powder burners though.

Stay scoped.

I found a 20 yd zero works pretty well, take the second zero and calculate your high arch. With 1.5" above bore it's not much. That should give you a pretty flat kill zone from 20 to your second zero. Take note of the holdover in inches at 5, 10 and 15 yds. Shoot those targets in inches and disregard any scope marks and power settings. At distances past your second zero calculate the dot holdover at various powers you use on your scope. Tape a mildot schedule to your gun for various powers that you will use, For instance using a 6.5-20 I'll keep 10 12 15 18 and 20 power reticles in a book or on the gun for viewing. I do not consult chairgun again, or pull up a phone app. All the info is available, all that is needed is the exact range. Nor do I click, I'll dial the power to the appropriate dot, and lay off accordingly for wind. It's very fast and simple.

If you plan to hunt at 50 yards most of the time, then zero out to 50 at a range or make your self a portable range. I use paracord in alternating colors. Mesure out 30ft/10yards of say orange 3 times and say green 2 times and tie them end to end, you can go as far as you want with it. I use cheap pickets as markers. I use a big ass nail or long tent stake drive into the ground far enough to tie the zero yard to then run the cord out and you have a home made portable range, use little flags on wire or ribbion on pickets to read the wind

Dont bother with chairgun. Get the StrelokPro app. Chairgun only does hawke scopes and a standard usmc mil dot reticle. StrelokPro does just about every scope reticle design on the market and if the app doesnt have your scope you can send them the info for the reticle and they will put it into the app. StrelocPro also has more features than chairgun. Chairgun also only works with airguns so if you use centerfire or rimfire StrelocPro can still be used.