• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Zero on a Hw 95L........ .177

I have a HW95 Field Pro in .22 cal. You will really love yours. It is a great rifle. I zero all my springers in at 15 yards both 177 and 22. They will shoot flat from 10 yrds to 40yrds. Of course all rifles are different so if that range does not work try something else but I think 15 yrds would be a good starting point. 

let us know how that new HW shoots.

You may want to wait and let the gun choose the pellets. All of my .177 HWs shoot the 7.9gr Crosman Lites better and more consistently than JSBs. Yours may differ, but don't count on one pellet before you shoot the gun to see what's most accurate. Personally I stay nearer the 8gr range with guns at that power level. Heavier pellets tend to cause piston bounce and that can increase hold sensitivity. 

I sight in at 30-35 yards on my HW77K rifle for field target out to 55 yards. I use the same gun or similar guns for hunting, so I do the same for those. Mine run around 890fps with 7.9gr pellets. 

As always, your mileage may vary so try a few things and see what works best for you. Either way, you picked a nice gun and you'll enjoy it! 

25 yard zero is what most field target shooters use. That way you never hold under, just holdovers. Weihrachs like H+N FTTs....

Mine shoots FTTs well too, MOST of the time. But I got a couple tins in a row that were all over the place in head size and didn't shoot as well, so that was the end of those for me. 

I haven't had a bad batch of Crosmans yet, and it's been a bunch of boxes over the years. Clean, lube, and shoot.