• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Zero is near limit.. need zero to go down

Just to let you know I didn't keep on clicking till the tightening point and than keep trying to twist, I made sure I looked up what I could do before hitting a wall. My scope is a Center Point 4-16x4 which was zeroed in at 50 yards for a Benjamin Trail GP, and the gun I attached the scope to is a Beeman RS2 .22. When I shoot at my target from 40 yards the pellet keeps dropping below the last mil dot, and that's where the problem comes in. Do I have to work with the drop, or is there a way that I can raise the back part of the scope just enough to get my zero to hit?

This is my first mil dot scope and I'm loving it, would hate to calculate a bigger holdover than I already do (I'm hunting a few pest birds that are nesting in a valley next to my house). Reason I'm hunting them is that I have a 1998 Chevy Camaro T-top that those birds like bombarding, I have a packed driveway which is still under some major work from a washout we had.

Hi pete.
I had the same problem with my Benjamin np trail. Some break barrel airguns have barrel droop, that means the barrel points down in relation to the scope rail.you can get adjustable mounts or shims like pheelgood said. I used strips of an aluminum can, placed under the scope tube on the rear ring. And also slightly bent the barrel up. I would not suggest bending the barrel unless you are mechanically inclined or have a tuner do it. Hope this helps.

"ForestPete"Thanks guys the aluminum can and some double adhesive tape did the trick! I appreciate the help I would've been bummed if I had to wait for a mount just to shoot accurately.

Thanks again

Pete
There is some controversy to shimming a scope in regards to potential scope damage. Pros and cons are covered at http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=93081.new#new

Best wishes.

The other Mark B.

"ForestPete"Mark

I had a feeling that something would go wrong in the future so I'm trying it on a cheaper scope that I had before trying it with the scope I plan on using.
Good thinking there Mark! While you get some $ saved up for your next scope, you can plan out what ring set up to get to combat this issue more effectively. 

My old Gamo was fine with the factory scope. I added a nice mil dot scope, and it shot about 6" low at 20 yards. Couldn't make it up with the turret, so I got a 10"@ 30yd drooper scope rail. It put the scope adjustment pretty much in the center, and is very solid. Many, many springers other than the notorious RWS need a drooper adapter.