• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Zbroia Kozak Remove Air Cylinder?

no glue no loctite ,, maybe some bits of brass from machining the threads are in there, contact the store you purchased from and ask them if they will unscrew it, in case it damages the threads,. seems to me that Zbroia lacks the fit and finish of better made airguns, I have had brass threaded components that I can not remove due to poor machine shop practices

my self, I am a daring soul, I would remove the stock and clamp the receiver section in a padded vise and use a piece of round stock that fits nicely in the fill port. I would be mentally prepared for damaging the threads and expect to have to clean them up with a tap and die

a person could make the gun need a NEW receiver section or the brass valve body, it is a risk, 

I have a first model sapsan that is useless due to a small brass part that I can not remove, THAT WAS FACTORY INSTALLED

Loosen these four screws pictured (two for barrel two for cylinder) and you can remove the cylinder easily by unscrewing it CCW. Sometimes the lower ones you see which are for the cylinder, are tight from the factory to keep the cylinder in place and should be tightened again after replacing the cylinder. The reason you should loosen the two smaller ones that hold the barrel in place as well as the two that are designed to hold the cylinder in place, is because those upper two screws can also add some tightness to the cylinder. You don't have to remove them, just loosen them. The one pictured is the Tactical model.

IMG_1350.1649946586.JPG

Thanks for these suggestions!

I have tried loosening the screws and then turning CCW with all my force but it still won't budge.

I'm starting to think there might be no way around the clamp method :/

If you loosened the screws and still can't budge it, I would try a belt wrench. The type of wrench used on water pipes that won't damage your tube. There is an o-ring at the very front of that tube that is supposed to have synthetic lubricant on it and I suspect it was a bit dry when the rifle was assembled. First remove the barrel, which is fairly easy to do and may give better purchase on the tube. Barrel removal is fairly simple. Unscrew the shroud, remove the receiver barrel set screw, you already loosened the two small screws forward. If you get the barrel off you may not need a belt wrench at all.