Zbroia Kozak 177 arrived today

"shutik"Hi Roger,
This is moving slow, but the tap is arriving today and I will drop it off at my friends place tomorrow. He will run it on lathe and return it to me sometimes when I see him next.
But the plan is to use it without original shroud, just put DonnyFl summo at the end of the adapter..............thanks Shutik, I appreciate the reply, I had doubts about getting the shroud over the adapter, is it Possible that your friend would make more of the adapters & you can sell me one ? please post pic & or vids of your project, have a good one , roger

Shutik , thanks , I understand , I had a friend that ran a machine shop right across the street from my old shop , he made me Lots of stuff thru the years( all hot rod car related stuff) if I took him something today , he would have it done tomorrow or the next day, I owned /ran a auto salvage & he got anything he needed ( he built cars as a hobby) but I was not into airguns yet , & unfortunately he retired about 6 yrs ago . so I will have to wait & see what your results are, roger. Ps I clicked the link for Donnyfl = not found

"shutik"Roger, I will do a video on it once it is done.
As for the adapter, I believe you will be best served by the professional. I am getting my adapter as favor and I don't want to push it.
Custom Adapter
If you contact Donny he will make an adapter for you.
Edit: fixed link. ......hi Shutik, I hate to bother you, but I am curious to know if you got your adapter & ldc installed ? plus I am reviving this , thread , its your fault, you started it,( just joking) ,roger

Hi Roger,

Adapter is finished, I'll pick it up this Saturday.

I've been shooting a lot 10m in the basement, standing and sitting. And as long as I do my part, this is one hole rifle.

Need to clean it after 200-300 shots.

Also, barrel not pellet fussy at all. Shoots well with all kinds of pellets. CP, AA, JSP, wadcutters, ...

Are you shooting yours?

"shutik"Hi Roger,
Adapter is finished, I'll pick it up this Saturday.
I've been shooting a lot 10m in the basement, standing and sitting. And as long as I do my part, this is one hole rifle.
Need to clean it after 200-300 shots.
Also, barrel not pellet fussy at all. Shoots well with all kinds of pellets. CP, AA, JSP, wadcutters, ...
Are you shooting yours?, ....thanks, that is great news, can hardly wait for your results/video, we have had some really cold weather & snow here in Illinois, & trying to keep up with snow removal hasn't left much time, to shoot . + I am low on air , I have 3 x tanks & now getting a little less than 200 bar fills , = 1 mag till it starts dropping to low & right, , no I have not tried to turn the power down, I want to get more air for full fills, my buddy stopped by last nite, & I let him shoot a 10 shot mag (his 1st time shooting the Zbroia, dime size stickers @ 52 ft & he had 9 in the circle. w/ JsB 18"s ...a couple of weeks ago we had a heatwave & it got to mid 40's degrees . I tried CPHP 's & nailed the stickers & 30 yds the first 4 shots & then got some flyers,only tried 10 shots. wish they would have worked as I have over 5000 CPHP, when the priced dropped I picked them up from WAL /M , I am hoping to have my Carette Compressor running by the end of next week ( trying to find the correct female Q/con for the Carette Hose to the Jb Alpha filter) , then my air probs will be over, I will be watching for your progress have a good one , roger

Got my adapter made, but run into another issue that I did not think of before. There isn't enough clearance between the tube and the barrel to fit LDC larger than 1 inch in diameter. My summo is 1.6 inches so it does not fit.

699dc3c6a23c0ed8ae3d6432377a3b21.jpg

f3537dd457b955103c714031986072cb.jpg

1874cb86d665a63fa76e118fc6d62a13.jpg

Can either make adapter longer with stronger material to clear past the end of the tube or get longer 450mm barrel. or look for narrower LDC.

"jarmstrong"I have been thinking about contacting Donnyfl, to see if he would make a set of replacement baffles with a threaded end that i could put the sumo on that would retain the original shroud. the shroud/baffle combo is a barrel tensioning componant.
Yes, I believe that would be the ideal solution is to make another baffle with thread at the end.

This is my intermediate solution that quiets it down little bit more.

a43845c8c841b9d47d4cd3a247b7fa53.jpg

"shutik"
"jarmstrong"I have been thinking about contacting Donnyfl, to see if he would make a set of replacement baffles with a threaded end that i could put the sumo on that would retain the original shroud. the shroud/baffle combo is a barrel tensioning componant.
Yes, I believe that would be the ideal solution is to make another baffle with thread at the end.
This is my intermediate solution that quiets it down little bit more.
a43845c8c841b9d47d4cd3a247b7fa53.jpg
so , that is how you wrapped the ldc , I thought that you wrapped the forward part also . I tried to wrap the forward section , & could not get the shroud back on & gave up, but I am thinking of wrapping with gorilla tape , what do you think ?

Another solution for the stock LDC is to make another short shroud that covers the start of the Ldc where you wrapped, then make a end cap that screws in on the shroud and make a larger can and wrap the ldc and screw that in on the new end cap, like that you can keep the orinal lenght and stock ldc, gone have to make a new front end cap too, to hold all together. Does it make sense to you guys?, sorry English is not my first language and sometimes is dufficult to try and explain things.
But that is what I will do on my, the gears for my lathe is due to arrive in 2 weeks, once I start will share the pics and all messurements with you guys.
Marcos