Zbroia Hortitsia new cocking mechanism

I didn’t think that Zbroia was the type of company that you can just purchase parts from. I’ve never had any issues with my bolt or mags to even inquire about changing them. There was also talk about them doing some kind of reg upgrade on the gen 2 guns. My reg has been rock solid for two years. So again, I’ve never had cause to contact the company. But I’m curious to see how this pans out for you.

Reactions: orangeokie
I really like the idea and look of the new system, I’ve wanted a hortitsia for awhile now and now that I saw there new mag and cocking format I’m hooked.
That's what got me to ask the group. I don't own one, but I have shot the straight pull bolt and disc mag, it was really smooth, and the mags loaded easy. The new strip mag is 5 shots and the disc one is 10. If it were available in a left-handed offering I would be more serious about buying one.

I would go with the newest model if it had been available when I bought mine, but this model did upgrade the bolt so that it cannot slip out of a locked condition upon firing. This is a very solid and accurate rifle, and starlings have no chance. A real pleasure to shoot.

Zbroia Optisan.jpg

I have gained some interest in the new MK3 version with the 330mm barrel but I'm a little confused about the length of the barrel and shroud. I've watched several YouTube videos on this and noticed that the shroud/barrel ends in line with the end of the air cylinder and has a muzzle thread protector on it.

If you attach a moderator that has a wider diameter than the shroud, it will not fit unless this rifle comes with 1/2×20 UNF extension adapter.

1000046370.jpg

1000046369.jpg

1000046371.jpg

The weird thing is, if you go on Zbroia's website, the 330mm model shown has a longer barrel/shroud than the pics i referenced above. I'm wondering if Zbroia made another revision to this model or are there different models available.

1000046372.jpg

Has anyone used the new cocking mechanism and mag strip? Does it perform better than the straight bolt and disc mag? Also any news on a lefty model? I emailed zbroia but have not gotten a response.
I would get the new Hortisia version. The lever that would rotate the magazine on this old one would sometimes get worn out and have trouble rotating the mag for the next shot

Last edited:
Reactions: ToddGeddes63