ZAN Projectiles lighter version of .30 Pellet coming soon

Hey Guys,

To our first .30 Pellet BR100 is now joining lighter version in 47 grains - .30 BR50.
The box will contain 154 pcs.

In the first stores the .30 BR50 should be available within a month!

.30 BR50.png

I love that there is product innovation and evolution. But if the BR100s are in some way flawed, which is subtley implied here, should they be discontinued? I know there were production process issues with the (unmarked) gen 1 vs gen 2, but if there are inherent aerodynamic instabilities that the BR50s correct... well it would be nice to communicate that to the customer. Pull the bad stock from the market, correct the problem if possible, and transparently re-release a new gen.

All that said I'm really excited to try the BR50s. Closer weight to most other .30 cal pellets means easier to tune the gun when testing ammo, more shots, and less recoil.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I love that there is product innovation and evolution. But if the BR100s are in some way flawed, which is subtley implied here, should they be discontinued? I know there were production process issues with the (unmarked) gen 1 vs gen 2, but if there are inherent aerodynamic instabilities that the BR50s correct... well it would be nice to communicate that to the customer. Pull the bad stock from the market, correct the problem if possible, and transparently re-release a new gen.

All that said I'm really excited to try the BR50s. Closer weight to most other .30 cal pellets means easier to tune the gun when testing ammo, more shots, and less recoil.
I re-read this, and in no way do I read that anything was "flawed" with the BR100's.
What am I missing?
BC's fluctuate with ALL projectiles, of all weights, but that dosent suggest a flaw......Does it?

Reactions: tibor and ZAN
FX MK3 Wildcat Sniper shoots JSB 44.75s like a dream, ordering from ZANS decided to add a box of BR100s. Those Gen 2 (56 grains) were hole in hole @ 50 yds! ZANs included round, black "ZANS Projectile" labels that fit perfectly over empty tin JSB labels, so much nicer, IMO, working out of a tin versus tray. WM

Reactions: ZAN and Airgun Al

I will try to explain it.

First of all, before I start, no one knows everything and no one is infallible.

We were making many tests over a year, searching for the real issue/what is causing instability. Every time we were on a chase for some error at the end we realized that this is not the case, so over the year we were eliminating possible "issues" coming from manufacturing. At the end we realized there is no. It is simply a stability issue which is normal/common with every pellet or better said every heavier pellet. I don't want to name any other competition, but you know about which we are talking about, having stability issues, shown as flyers(mostly low). We all know that one .22 existing pellet works very good in calm day, but not at all in the wind. It is physics that you cannot take out of the equation. Stability results will change with different things, weather, speed, location, winter, summer etc, wind direction, twist rate, choke, no choke, etc. That is why it is hard to duplicate spiral results, especially outside.

That is why we made that one, lighter version, which is way better in stability.

Same you have with 44 and 51 grain pellets in .30. 51 grain simply doesn't work as good as 44, and that is why they do not apply discounts, but some find them good for their specific use, and you chose the one that works better for you.

As a newcomer in pellet manufacturing, we had a very good year in learning things, huge break through in learning curve and even more important in manufacturing, so we are positive that we learned a lot and will now be able to implement all these things with new coming pellets/designs/pellet manufacturing technology. We are not the best, we never said we know everything, we always listen to shooters/market, so we will always search to improve things no matter how good they are and especially learn, so at the end of the day you will be able to hit more X then you were ever before.

And yes, after one more year we will learn even more things, and we will be able to say that this new pellet is much better, and it will actually be, but that doesn't mean the older version is bad. The new one is just better, like with every other thing on this planet. Or is it better to stop development and make existing pellets for the next 50 years? :cool: Me as i shooter i don't agree with that idea.

Wish you a nice day,
--
Žan Šude
CEO

Last edited:
I will try to explain it.

First of all, before I start, no one knows everything and no one is infallible.

We were making many tests over a year, searching for the real issue/what is causing instability. Every time we were on a chase for some error at the end we realized that this is not the case, so over the year we were eliminating possible "issues" coming from manufacturing. At the end we realized there is no. It is simply a stability issue which is normal/common with every pellet or better said every heavier pellet. I don't want to name any other competition, but you know about which we are talking about, having stability issues, shown as flyers(mostly low). We all know that one .22 existing pellet works very good in calm day, but not at all in the wind. It is physics that you cannot take out of the equation. Stability results will change with different things, weather, speed, location, winter, summer etc, wind direction, twist rate, choke, no choke, etc. That is why it is hard to duplicate spiral results, especially outside.

That is why we made that one, lighter version, which is way better in stability.

Same you have with 44 and 51 grain pellets in .30. 51 grain simply doesn't work as good as 44, and that is why they do not apply discounts, but some find them good for their specific use, and you chose the one that works better for you.

As a newcomer in pellet manufacturing, we had a very good year in learning things, huge break through in learning curve and even more important in manufacturing, so we are positive that we learned a lot and will now be able to implement all these things with new coming pellets/designs/pellet manufacturing technology. We are not the best, we never said we know everything, we always listen to shooters/market, so we will always search to improve things no matter how good they are and especially learn, so at the end of the day you will be able to hit more X then you were ever before.

And yes, after one more year we will learn even more things, and we will be able to say that this new pellet is much better, and it will actually be, but that doesn't mean the older version is bad. The new one is just better, like with every other thing on this planet. Or is it better to stop development and make existing pellets for the next 50 years? :cool: Me as i shooter i don't agree with that idea.

Wish you a nice day,
--
Žan Šude
CEO

I truly appreciate the time you took in your reply and I'm very excited to see what you can do in the next year. You're absolutely right that we need some manufacturers to shake up the market right now, and I can't wait to try the new BR50s, hopefully in time for NAC!

I re-read this, and in no way do I read that anything was "flawed" with the BR100's.
What am I missing?
BC's fluctuate with ALL projectiles, of all weights, but that dosent suggest a flaw......Does it?

I knew I was going to catch some heat for my take :) I don't want to belabor it after Zan's thoughtful reply. Suffice to say, it was my interpretation of a product introduced to address very specific issues, ie production, tail and cross wind stability.

Well, some shooters did exceptionally well with the heavy 56 grain version. Adam Migel (FX Impact) won NAC and made finals at RMAC with them, and Derrick Wall (Kalibrgun Cricket TAC) finished 4th in the EBR finals with them.

I shoot with Adam up at Trenier throughout the summer, really good guy. They posed some challenges. With the right barrel and tune you are correct, they can produce some great results.

Reactions: Airgun Al and ZAN