ZAN Lead free slug range

I have always been thinking, there have to be a downside to "hard" ammo in say barrels like the FX ones or polygonal ones, that in my perspective dont " grab " that hard on the Projectile.

And i really got to think that way when i shot 16 grain H&N slugs in my Maverick VS 16 grain Zan slugs, cuz they performed wildly different, so the Zans i could get to "group", but then changing to the H&N not even did they suddenly land a totally different place, they also pretty much did not group.
But i have learned / figured out since then it is not quite that simple with ammo even if it is same weight.

As these in .22 are 15 grain, i do hope the .177 model are not made on the 13 gr mold CUZ i think that would make them lighter than 10 grain.
Though that might just be me being too much of a 13grain fanboy, 10 grain do also shoot fine in my rifles, at least as good as i have been able to get 16 or 20 grain lead projectiles to work for me ( though 10 grain testing was hampered by my original 600 mm barrel that was no good, but before i ran out i did see them fly really well in my Vulcan 3 )

Hello Guys,

Let me introduce the first lead free slugs on the market in .22 and .25 caliber.

.25 caliber in 22 grains and 15 grains in .22 caliber

Slugs are oriented on short to medium ranges, lighter weight(due to material) yields higher muzzle speeds to lead, and offers deep penetration.

Some are limited to shooting but mostly hunting with lead projectiles. They are not meant as a substitute to more superior lead, but a good getaway for some.

In the line is also .177 which we are still in testing process.

They are available at our website, but very soon also with others.

View attachment 331383

Kind regards,
Žan Šude
Do they come in .30 cal

Reactions: K9Air
I have shot over a 500 rounds of lead free thru my daystate and shyhawk. Have not noticed anything that would make me believe they are damaging the barrel.
I have had my .22cal Disco since 2015. I have only shot lead free out of it. I would venture to say I have easily put 2000 rounds through it. Shoots as good as it did new.

Last edited:
20230428_170824.jpg
20230428_170809.jpg

Top pic is my wildfire .177. 33 feet free handed 10 shots. It was at the end of the reg. The bottom of the target below my finger just off the black was the first 10 shots. All of them was in my reg range.

Bottom pic is my stoeger. 177 Brake barrel. 33 feet off hand. If the wind will ever die down I'll shoot them on the bench. Hope to get some good results.

Just an FYI: After months of waiting & searching for a " USA-Retailers ", ( In Stock? ) without any luck...::(

Retailers

www.zanprojectiles.com
www.zanprojectiles.com

I decided to order " 13-Boxes " directly from " ZAN PROJECTILES ".

Search - LEAD FREE

www.zanprojectiles.com
www.zanprojectiles.com

IMG_9053.jpeg

A visual comparison to other " Lead-Free Projectiles: GTO Pellets / H&N Pellets " & an H&N 30 gr. Lead Slug, the last Slug in the line-up.
IMG_9064.jpeg

The ZAN SLUG is the third Slug in the Line-up.

IMG_9066.jpeg

IMG_9071.jpeg

I'll be testing them ( 10 Yards - Sight-In / 30 Yards / 50 Yards ), using my two .25 Caliber Rifles.
1694809091969.png

TOP RIFLE: Theoben Eliminator .25 Cal / JTS Airacuda Standard .25 Cal.

Reactions: ZAN
They are banning lead here in Finland over the next few years. One thing I've been wondering about is if airgun manufacturers will manufacture their rifles to take much longer ammo in the future because otherwise the ammo will be too light for a similar application you can do with lead today.
It seems that if the law is approved at the national level, it apply to hunting. Lead is already partially prohibited in hunting in Finland.
Banning it completely regarding range shooting is unlikely to pass at the national level. Too much influence on competitive shooting, reservist activities, etc. I don't think it will be completely banned

They are banning lead here in Finland over the next few years. One thing I've been wondering about is if airgun manufacturers will manufacture their rifles to take much longer ammo in the future because otherwise the ammo will be too light for a similar application you can do with lead today.

Just my two cents.. California has already " BANNED LEAD " for all " HUNTING " using any type of Firearms.

Somehow, the Government overlooked " Air Power "..:oops:

However, " IMHO ", it's just a matter of time " WHEN " the GOV decides to Ban allll Lead use for Hunting.

My long-term solution for having to use a " Lighter Pellets or Slugs ". I moved up to a larger Caliber " 25 vs 22 " to compensate.

All of my " Air Powered Rifles " are generating well over " 12 + Foot Pounds ", using " LEAD FREE " Projectiles.

EDIT:
An interesting Test..

EDIT:
Another interesting comparison " .25 vs .22 ".

Again, all of my .25 cal Air Power Rifles / Carbine / Pistol " are well above the " 12 + Foot Pounds of Energy ". (y)

Last edited: