zan boat tail slugs

Hello,

Just a quick word on those slugs.
We are testing them already for some time now, or with other words adjusting design to get the best results. Most of the facts you said are true and sometimes bigger is not the best. There are also other things that we need to keep in mind. They will be accurate as normal slugs, stable at longer ranges and should be in full production in around a month. That is we can say now.
The design that you can see is not the final one, it is just the first idea, there were smaller adjustments already made, and some more will be. It is much more fuzzy to design this slug then the normal one.

Have a great day,
Žan

So I did some measuring, the .22 ATP Kings are 5.52 mm at the widest bands, and the boat tail is 2.55 mm. I don't have tools to accurately measure the angle, but it feels shallow, maybe around 5-6 deg.
Is the second measurement the length of the boat tail or the diameter of the base? I often use photographs taken at the side to get the dimensions and angles of pellets and slugs. It is the method I used to have to use when assessing unfriendly country's large calibre ammunition, though understandably those photographs were not usually of the best quality.

Is the second measurement the length of the boat tail or the diameter of the base? I often use photographs taken at the side to get the dimensions and angles of pellets and slugs. It is the method I used to have to use when assessing unfriendly country's large calibre ammunition, though understandably those photographs were not usually of the best quality.

I don't draw good lol. Long ways, it's 2.55 mm from where the boat tail starts to the base of the slug. I did not measure the diameter of the base... which I should... then I could use my high school geometry to get the angle :)

So in your pic in post #8, it would be the '.142' dimension, ie slightly less than a half caliber.

I don't draw good lol. Long ways, it's 2.55 mm from where the boat tail starts to the base of the slug. I did not measure the diameter of the base... which I should... then I could use my high school geometry to get the angle :)

So in your pic in post #8, it would be the '.142' dimension, ie slightly less than a half caliber.
That's good, it would seem to agree with what I was saying.

Reactions: zer0dev