Zan 25 cal 31 & 44 gr slugs

I have been shooting Zan .250 33 gr slugs out of my Panthera 600mm and they are shooting really good. However, I shot some H&N Heavy Slugs in 38 out of it and it shoots those just as well but they seemed to wind drift less.
I have been impressed with the Zan slugs and was on their site and saw they offer both a 41 gr .250 dish based hollow point and a 44 gr .250 dish based, boat tail, hollow point. I am considering giving them a try because of the increased BC they offer. The 44 is showing a BC of .135.
I know the Altaros slugs have phenomenal BC, but they are not hollow points and my needs are for hunting projectiles.
Has anyone tried one of these slugs out and how did they perform. Guessing being shot out of an FX would relate closer to my situation but I am curious no matter what you are shooting them out of. Any experience with terminal performance would be appreciated as well.

I’ve shot the 37 and 41 grain ZAN, and the 38.9 and 43.5 grain NSA. All of them shoot well from the Superior Slug liner. The NSA shoot better from the older Slug A liners. I’ve tried the 44 BT and wasn’t impressed.
I went ahead and ordered 200 of each. See what happens. $68 with shipping is peanuts in the realm of looking for that just right projectile. I do appreciate the feed back.

I’ve used the Zans 44gr HPBT, along with the Griffin 46 & 52 gr HPBT in all of my high powered M-rods. Both brans of slugs have Great Quality and Performance. The deciding factor in my main use was magazine size. Side by side, short to long range performance is identical, consistent accurate well past 300 yds. My hunting M-rod is dialed in to sling the Zan 44gr HPBT @ 980+ fps and is super accurate. Remember that every rig is different, from power capability, rifling, barrel lengths, choke, crown, etc.: with that said, ammo response will vary and the rifle will need tuning for absolute performance for your needs.

Took the 44 and 41 gr out this past weekend.
So far the 44’s were not too bad, but not that great either.
The 41’s are showing a bit more promise. I shut the shooting down because I was not happy with the trigger on the gun. Got that taken care of tonight and this weekend will try to fine tune the gun with the 41’s and see what I can come up with.

Took the 44 and 41 gr out this past weekend.
So far the 44’s were not too bad, but not that great either.
The 41’s are showing a bit more promise. I shut the shooting down because I was not happy with the trigger on the gun. Got that taken care of tonight and this weekend will try to fine tune the gun with the 41’s and see what I can come up with.
What’s your fps on both slugs?

What’s your fps on both slugs?
I tried the 44’s at various speeds from 950 down to the mid 880’s. They shot better at slower speeds.
The 41’s were shot from 975 down to 900. They shot the best around 950.
After seeing how much air it took to shoot those heavier slugs I have retreated to the 33/34 grain slugs which the gun shoots extremely well.

I tried the 44’s at various speeds from 950 down to the mid 880’s. They shot better at slower speeds.
The 41’s were shot from 975 down to 900. They shot the best around 950.
After seeing how much air it took to shoot those heavier slugs I have retreated to the 33/34 grain slugs which the gun shoots extremely well.
I've also have tried other weights and designs with a varied list of results. The way my rigs are built they tend to handle heavier slugs better. I've tuned down for lighter slug with good results, downside being the lower range and inability to fight the wind at great distances. Shot count is good if I keep the fps at 980 or lower; anything faster tends to EAT A LOT OF AIR! But its fun