• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ZAN .22 cal. 40 grain slugs

.22 Project Update: Today I went to shoot Helga with a .22 cal. barrel on her with one of the new Superior Heavy barrel liners with the 1:16" twist rate...but the .40gr Zan Slugs I have that measure .218 are too large for the barrel liner! So I came home and ordered another box of the Zan's in .217 and will try them in a few days whenever they arrive. I am anxious to see the accuracy with these 40 grainers out of a Heavy liner with a 16" twist on the rifling.

Those will be great for killing big iguanas, raccoons and cute little delicious baby pigs.

Shooting the Zan .217 40 grains, at 970 fps, 150 bar on 2nd reg, delete the reg upfront, 250 bar fill, refill at 150, good for 2 mags with 700 cc bottle. 6 on the power wheel, 3 on micro adjust, valve all the way open, laser beam. Zero at 35 yrds, same hole to ragged, half MOA at 105 yrds. Impact M3 800 mm tensioned barrel, 1:16, Saber rail, w clamps and inserts 3,6,9, 12 inches. Zan mag lid, RMAC ready...

Last edited:
Truly amazing results Doug...congratulations! You have achieved the sort of results I had hoped for, but the inferior rifling of the .22 cal. barrel I had prevented me from getting...so I built myself a smokin' .35 MKII instead! I presently have her tuned up to shoot the NSA 93gr Slugs at 970 ft/s for about 194 fpe...the target below is for 5 shots at 100 yards...I had a nice group going there for a minute but pulled the last shot to the left and messed it up. I was afraid of shooting a fifth shot just for that reason!
All the best, Chuck

20230526_021946 (1).jpg

Reactions: Glem.Chally