Youtubers don't read this...seriously

Mrod.25 you are so right.I have watched your Teds,Matt Dubbers etc. go from being informative,interesting and neutral,to well paid by YouTube money earning competition target shooters,promoting their latest free overpriced airgun from their latest best mate,FX mainly.Watch any of their most recent videos,they are all there ,flying in from far flung places taking part in elite invitation events.Youtube made them famous,we make YouTube and boy do they like the fame and freebies!

Just the last year or two I have seen informational airgun videos like the fellow in Fla. makes. Good facts presented as in fps w/differing ammo, groups ( again w/different pellets), ... ... . Yet still it seems sometimes consumers rigs seem to have little bugs the testers did not, sometimes.

Video's are for entertainment! You dont ( should'nt try) learn from video's. If people learned from watching the "tube" ( any tube ul do ) we would be living in THE most intelligent times ever, right? Some difference between having knowledge or being able to think and just a mimic. 

If you've the time to spare ( time, the reason I hate repair videos, just need a still photo and brief description not 40 minutes of "entertainment" ) enjoy the entertainment.

If you want to learn about airguns , read, talk with others, things like that. You might actually be happier with YOUR decision than what the entertainment channel made you feel good about spending your money on?

John

Yeah, until the reviewers buy the guns off the shelves (like consumer reports does with things it tests) there’s a good chance the manufacturer or vendor has throughly tested the rifle before shipping it to the reviewer which is why their guns rarely have the issues we see.

And with any manufacturered product made in volumes there’s going to be bugs. I see the same thing with other tech products I follow - the reveiwers stuff is flawless but the customers run into issues so this isn’t unique to airguns for sure.

I think once you weed out the people with personal bias or an axe to grind you can find the best and most useful info on forums like this one.

Might I suggest a new Forum title? Perhaps something along the line of "The Best with the Least" where you post your target along with the cost of your equipment. Who can post the best 100 yard group with a $300 or $400 setup? Just another competition but when talented people put their mind to something the results can be impressive. When, if, I ever get my overpriced rig where I want it I might actually give it a try.

Well, from what I've read of the most watched, it's still a popularity contest. Not to mention a young man's game. I've been doing Youtube videos for some 9 years now, and have to fight for every view I can get! And I was given things twice so far. A rusty 760-D Pumpmaster from moderator Jeff on gatewaytoairguns.org. Good guy & that rusty rifle now looks and works beautifully. And the 760 variant 4 from 1/77 Donnie Reed gave me. Cleaned up nice and now sports a period-correct Weaver V22-A dual X scope I bought new in the 70's. And no, you absolutely cannot describe a full restoration with one pic and a couple paragraphs. If you think it can be done, you're welcome to try in a way the average air gunner will easily understand. Have fun with that one!

Not to mention being old, partly crippled and thus overweight. This isn't me at all, really. But on occasion, some have made mention of these things in my video comments. I say, listen to the mind and never mind what they look like. That's the popularity contest part I really think is totally petty & immature. I've been around, ya know?! I know a few things, and am always open to learning more. I hate it when those that can afford the best rifles, and support equipment, the high-end gunsmithing tools, and such berating me for daring to work on fine air rifles with crap tools. My tools are of good quality and I'm careful when plying my trade/hobby with them and get good results. I think they're getting upset because of that very thing. I can do as much or more with less. Necessity is indeed the mother of all invention.

And yes, if I can ever get another vehicle that passes Echeck I and my son will do hunting and other shooting videos out of doors. I miss that terribly. Many of you aren't old enough to have these problems or the working life that tends to create them. Just because I can't climb a mountain with a rifle and field pack on my back now, doesn't mean I don't have experience with these things from younger days. We are your elders and deserve some modicum of respect for making it this far and raising y'all. Besides all the wisdom from memories we love to pass on, as this is important to us as said elders.

I'm also a little miffed about some folks I've helped give a leg up to in this air gun video scene that now don't remember I even exist. Don't forget those that helped you on the way up...cause when you're on the way down the hill again...we might just step out of the way.

Once again, as always, my 2c worth. This sermon is ended, go in peace.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VsSYngXbCc0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GUYS! PLEASE call Air Force & complain to PR 1-877-247-4867 this Matt guy @ Demolition Ranch is on a crusade TO get air guns regulated. Ton Jones must either not be aware of this or is out right foolish. A large % of air gunners I know are Veterans w/ PTSD, barred from owning firearms. I myself, clean since 05 got into them. I enjoy them more than I ever did firearms as I twitched at range eveytime someone fired. I have PTSD from physical/sexual abuse. 

I'm not saying make them stop; but, "The world's quietest sniper rifle & why The Government won't regulate it." Compares to a .45 Long Colt, Suppressors are just fine & dandy. You can make it fully auto & they can't do anything about it. COME ON!

Ya know!, I keep going past this thread, I’m not going into a full rant now, (will later, want to try and pick my words carefully! ) but I’m also done with 3-4 of these utube ( MANUFACTURERS paid sponsors$ & hit advertisers$ & don’t think there not! Note: everyone of them has had a FACTORY TOUR ... gee wonder why? ) I’ll share more of my thoughts ( my opinions only, mind you ) later! One of the best things you can do is spend that time shooting in conditions, distances,ballistics, pellets,velocity, cleaning etc.,LEARNING the gun( w/ whatever gun you choose or already have!) than waisting that PRECIOUS time watching them!

...and such berating me for daring to work on fine air rifles with crap tools. My tools are of good quality and I'm careful when plying my trade/hobby with them and get good results. I think they're getting upset because of that very thing. I can do as much or more with less. Necessity is indeed the mother of all invention.

Your statement reminded me of Burt Monroe who set a land speed record in the 1960's, which still stands today. " Because Munro was a man of modest means, he would often make parts and tools himself instead of having them professionally built. For example, he would cast parts in old tins, make his own barrels, pistons, flywheels, etc. His micrometer was an old spoke."

Kitro & Hawkeye, thank you for your observations. It's just the way the old timers taught me mechanics, tools, tricks of the trade, etc from home to auto Tech in high school. I tested 5th in the state out of 175,000 Auto Tech students, so that wasn't bad at all. Anyway, I come up with my own little tools or processes as needed to get the job done properly. As far as, " good stuff to be found" on Youtube, I try to be factual and give my take on things from that perspective. And my new Youtube video giving my take on current events;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oRz0GnTaVg

I would say every hobby has what I guess would be snob's. "You have to spend $$$$$$ to be able to do it right" . I always believe it's not the price of the tool. It 's the hands the tools are in... Go on any forum and you will find those people. Is a $3,000 bow needed to kill a deer, no people have used a stick found on the ground and a sting for oh hundreds of years, Do you need a $50,000+ Jeep to off road, Nope Do you need a $400 pocket knife to be combat ninja, no Do you need $1500 air riffle and another $1000+ in accsesories to group well. No What you do need is skill. Anyways i feel what you are saying in the OP it grinds my gears aswell

Very well said. I love AZ as a mentor in our beliefs. I did not NEED 2 AZ Rapids although yes I loved & miss them. Well, air guns don't hold value w/ next best thing out all the time. Moral of this rant? Dan Yacovelli sold me many a used rifle. He'd add a reg, work trigger, put in a Vortex. When Dan said it shoots well, no one could call him a liar. My Rainstorms from him will take caps off water bottles at 100 yards. Just do what Chairgun says & it's dot on. By the way guys. I called Dan & all he said was not well enough to talk so please prayers but let him rest.

@Azycray I think the Crosman Disco/Maximus would be a great cannidate for that competition....One of these days i'll put one together, with a $100ish scope.. 

Anyone with one of those Storm riders all spifed up?

The Urban what about the Gauntlet? Possibly a Fortitude

Anyone getting out to 100 yards, with a gun and scope under $400ish?

I like this idea. I'll participate but my 10 year or older Discoveries have $200.00 Scopes and about $400.00 in upgrades & initial cost. I'll bet the gun. No regged guns. I haven't done that yet. Lol.

@Azycray I think the Crosman Disco/Maximus would be a great cannidate for that competition....One of these days i'll put one together, with a $100ish scope.. 

Anyone with one of those Storm riders all spifed up?

The Urban what about the Gauntlet? Possibly a Fortitude

Anyone getting out to 100 yards, with a gun and scope under $400ish?

I like this idea. I'll participate but my 10 year or older Discoveries have $200.00 Scopes and about $400.00 in upgrades & initial cost. I'll bet the gun. No regged guns. I haven't done that yet. Lol.

I whacked a Coyote at 140 yards just yesterday morning with the .22 Discovery. He went straight over like pushed. 

I'm new to the forum, hi I'm Jon .I agree with you Mrod25 . I've been shooting powder, air, co2, n spring since I was 7yrs old . Now have a PCP Hatsan Flash, awesome rifle liking it a lot . Always remember what my range master said in academy, it's not the bow it's the Indian. As long as you practice, know your gun n limits plus shot placement, you'll be fine. Whether it's a $150 Springer, $300 pcp or a high $$$ pcp know your gun n limits n what you'll be using it for. 

Matt at Demolition Ranch is an assignment. He doesn't care about air guns. It's money he cares about. Go on YouTube and look up, "The quietest Sniper Rifle Ever...andd Why The Government Doesn't Regulate It.

Jerks like this guy & Air Depot having HIM review it will get us like Scotland, Ireland, or U.K if lucky.

Did a search for the video: "The quietest Sniper Rifle Ever...and Why The Government Doesn't Regulate It"

I agree! That guy is a total dumbass and clueless! With 10M views (so far) he could do a lot of damage to airgunning. He left out that suppressors that can be fit to a firearm are regulated (even if for one time use). But a suppressor that is an integrated part of the air rifle does not qualify for that. Also, my understanding is that if the suppressor cannot be fitted on a firearm then it's not a suppressors that needs to be licensed. 

But I digressed... Yes, dumbasses like him making money on Youtube while stating fallacies as facts can cause a lot of damage.