• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Youth PCP Options?

Ladies and gents,

I have numerous mini mes ranging in age running around my house. I've let my two oldest kiddos sit behind my various pcps, look through the scope and pull the trigger; but, their experiences of joy I feel would be greatly enhanced by a youth stock. Are there any pcps on the market (preferably 22 or 177 cal) specifically designed for youth shooters (not adult stocks I'd have to modify)? To reduce the scope of size I'm talking about, let's narrow it to guns that would fit an average 6 or 7 year old kiddo.

Thanks AG brothers and sisters for your advice and input. 

-Matthew

One of my sons uses a Brocock Bantam HiLite in .22 and it fits him perfectly. He's 9 years old now but has been shooting it since he was 7 without any problems. It's easy to handle, very accurate, and good looking. The Compatto is a variant that can be found for an even cheaper price but comes with an air cylinder instead of a 480cc tank. When I was in your situation looking for a gun for my son, many people recommended the Bantam HiLite and I'm very glad we bought it. It's a great gun for a youngster or anybody for that matter and they are priced right for such a quality gun.

Stoti

My daughter loves the pp700 mrodair mk2. It cost 215 bucks shipped and comes regulated and fully adjustable the stock is sold separately for 20 bucks or so. I put a red dot on it and its shooting lights out up to 20 yards. I cant vouch for longer than that because I have just used it as a backyard plinker. Ive heard of guys tuning it for 18 fpe for hunting in 22 cal. Mine shoots 177 10.5s at 650fps with like 20 shots without poi change at 20 yards. If your interested in closer numbers pm me and ill break out the chrono and run some numbers. 😊 Its a great gun for the cost and in 22 it will grow with the child. 

The Ultra JSR is the best one I have found. Then get the Ultra yourself and you and your kids will be shooting almost identical Airguns. I currently have them on loan for a review and it is the only Airgun my son has enjoyed shooting with me. He is currently 9 years old and has tried a few others including a red rider and some crosman co2 guns. It is the only rifle that has really fit him yet.

Get the JSR in .177 in the 12 ft lb version and you and your kids will be happy campers. Almost forgot, it is very accurate and consistent.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

1561347578_11189420195d1045fad38d49.11067617_C40BC930-32FA-4639-A5CB-D7A03F4C1FAB.jpeg

I should add that doing this review might have cost me the price of the gun as my boy now says it is “his” and who am I to deprive my son of fun with dad? ☺️

I posted this same question a month or so ago in the PCP section of the forums and got a lot of great information/recommendations.

I ultimately decided on the BSA Ultra JSR (purchased from AOA) and couldn't be happier. My 5-year-old daughter loves it and the fit is perfect. I will eventually post a review with some chronographic data. The other cool thing about it is that you can drop it in the standard sized Ultra SE stock when your mini-me is no longer mini.

1561355420_6265813265d10649ce094a5.65218864_gun.jpg