Your opinions and advice about which compressor to buy

Hello Everyone....I am a Long time lurker here with my first post!

I quickly tired of pumping my Marauder with a Hill Hand Pump so I have decided to buy a compressor for personal use, probably 1,000 pellets or so a month

Since budget is a concern, I narrowed my choices down to an Air Venturi Nomad on the high end, and Hatsan Spark on the lower end of the price spectrum, and I would consider anything in between

I am not opposed to spending the extra money on the Nomad BUT I have been looking at reviews and there are negative comments on pretty much EVERY compressor. I don't want to spend $300 on the Hatsan Spark and have it fail, and then have to go for the extra bucks for the Nomad....then again if the Nomad isn't that reliable, why spend $800 for it in the first place as it might fail as well.

Bottom line is that I do not have any experience with any compressor so I am hoping that some of you here can point me in the right direction.

I know that ANY mechanical device can and will fail at some point and I am mindful of that but I am hoping to make an educated decision from the get go and buy right the first time.

Thank You Everyone!

In the three years I have been on AGN, I’m going to say every HPA compressor under $3,500 has failed for someone.
Why that has happened would be very difficult to pinpoint.
Is it because of going to long between oil changes, running to long and overheating, manufacturing issues, pumping to max operating pressure with each use etc etc.
Very hard to say. One person will have an excellent experience with brand X and one or two posts later a owner had a terrible experience. It’s like a roulette wheel on what to expect.
There may even be horror stories with some Alkin’s, Bauer’s or Coltri’s but I can’t recall any. If there are, they’re few and far between, and probably aren’t premature failures. As we know, everything has a finite life.
Best of luck with whatever you purchase, use wisely and follow manufacturers recommendations.

THANK YOU so much for your replys fellas!

As RXS relates in his reply, it's hard to know what will happen with any compressor. Pretty confusing.

rxfrid, I am going to research the GX compressor and thank you for the video!
looks like a nice machine for the money
Let us know. Looks like we all need a bottle, YH for diy bottle fills and an amazon portable Russian roulette for on the go in the field fills 😀

I used to run to a the dive shop to get my bottles filled for my father and I. Pop ended up buying a YH and told me it was mine as long as I kept his bottles filled. I’ve had it for 9 months and topped off a dozen bottles, 1 oil change and 1 burst disc replaced. No other issues this far. Saved several trips to the dive shop and much more convenient. Going to top off 2 bottle’s tomorrow morning before going to work.

Buy what you are comfortable with and take good care of it. In my case I have spare parts on hand in case a rebuild is needed.

I've had good luck with my GX CS2 compressor, but there are several others that work just as good, I also like the Spritech compressors myself, just ordered the 2 cylinder version, it will be here in a couple weeks, I think most are rebranded versions of one manufactured compressor, so best to look for the most and best ratings on the product, you don't need to spend a fortune for a good compressor now days.
good luck

i think yong heng is the way to go for light duty use .. i shoot a tin or two a month prolly and it keeps my two tanks filled for a couple years now .. when it goes i'll get another one .. i could spend more for a fancy name and case if i wanted to look suave at a range or something, but seriously doubt anything under several grand will have any better performance or longevity ... but if you need a cooler look and brandname to sit with your 'effexth' you do lol ..